Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 12, 2019

Bose 700 headphones wrong battery level after charging

After you charge the Bose 700 headphones, the first time you turn them on again the battery level is not updated and still reads the old time remaining. You have to turn them off and on again to get the new correct level. Not a major issue but kind of annoying.

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 20, 2018

Re: Bose 700 headphones wrong battery level after charging

Yep, I'm having the same problem, it's not just you. In fact, in my case it is an issue because the charge level never registers full, but "19 hours". 

Highlighted

Hi Alipatton and s.j.balfour,

Thank you both for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am sorry to hear that you are both encountering a strange issue with your headphones and would love to assist you further. 

Firstly, can you both please confirm if this happens every time or only occasionally? Please can you both ensure that your headphones are running the latest software by connecting them to a PC and visiting our Online Updater then follow the onscreen instructions to update them. 

I would also recommend that you reset the headphones by disconnecting all cables from your headphones, connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on. On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup, once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds. 

Please update me on the result of this and if any other users are also having this issue please do let us know! 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 16, 2016

+1 for this bug. It happened to me as well sometimes. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 20, 2018

Dear @Hector_B please stop responding with the same old troubleshooting info, it doesn't work. You know it doesn't and I know it doesn't. It's dishonest, please stop.

Now to those responding to this thread, could you confirm whether the serial numbers of your headphones end in AE - or not…? I have now had 2 sets of AE NC700s and both have had identical issues, and I have asked others posting on this forum if their serial numbers end with AE and they've all said yes. 

How long before you acknowledge that the batch with AE-ending serials is faulty…?

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 12, 2019

@Hector_B  It happens every time and i have tried your suggestions and they make no difference
@User-52e36 mine also end in AE

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 16, 2016

Mine finish by AE as well. 

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 7, 2019

@Hector_B Headphones announce incorrect/pre-charge battery level when turned on after being charged. Turning off and back on leads to the annunciation of the correct/post-charge battery level. Firmware version: 1.2.11-1894+55bc538. Serial number ends in AE. Resting does not resolve this issue. Date of Manufacture: June, 11, 2019

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 12, 2019

So @Hector_B what should we do now as clearly this is affecting multiple people?

Highlighted

Hey All, 

Thank you all for posting and contributing to this thread! I am sorry that none of the steps that I have provided resolved this issue for you and appreciate you all making me aware of this. 

I have raised this issue to our development team and made them aware of this so that they can look into this a little further. We will update the community and this thread as soon as we have more information on this and hope that I can update you all as soon as possible. 

If you have any other questions about this issue or any others please do let me know and I will do my best to assist you with this. 

Thanks, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.