iRares27
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Bose 700 hissing sound

Hi! 

I’ve experienced an unpleasant situation using the bose 700 Headphones. When I use them in noisy environment they are fine. But when I’m trying to use them home in a pretty quiet environment I cannot wear them without listening music because I can hear a very unpleasant hissing sound Even though the nc is on at Any level or off.  If the Headphones are on, I can always hear this annoying sound IF the music is off. Is it a factory defect?  Or it s normal ? 

14 REPLIES 14
Hector_B

Re: Bose 700 hissing sound

Hi iRares27, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am deeply sorry to read that you are having some issues with the noise-canceling feature on your new Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 and would love to assist you further. 

Firstly, I would like for you to ensure that the headphones are running the latest software by connecting them to a PC and visiting Btu.bose.com. I would also recommend that you perform a reset on the headphones by: 

• Disconnect all cables from your headphones
  • Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  • On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup
  • Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds

Please attempt these steps above and update us on the result of this and if any other users have had a similar issue and resolved this please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
iRares27
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

I've followed your advices but the problem is still there. I listened carrefully and  I found out that the hissing sound(when nc is off) is comming from the right cup( I reversed the headphones too, to be sure that the problem is not from my ear ). Also another thing, when  NC is on, also from the right cup I can hear a very strange sound like I'm in an aquarium (but only from the right cup). I am waiting for you to give me more advices before sending the product back to store. I hopefully think it is solvable.

Charlotte_G

Hello iRares27,

Thanks for completing the advised steps above. I am sorry that these did not result in a resolution. 

If your headphones are not connected to anything, do you still hear this?

If not, are you connected through Bluetooth or the wired connection?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
iRares27
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Hello Charllote G,

The sound is produced by the right cup of the headphones even though they are connected to any device or not. I cleared the device list and turned off the bluetooth and with NC on,  the ,, aquarium sound" is still there. I connected them through Bluetooth and same thing happened. Same with wired connection ( even worse ) .

Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello iRares27,

Thanks for getting back in touch and providing further information.

That is very strange that you are getting the 'aquarium sound' even when you are listening via a wired connection, it's great that you have already tried clearing the pairing list and tested the headphones further. I think there might be an issue with the headphones as they are exhibiting the same behavior no matter the connection, in this instance, I recommend that you call the customer care team in your area as they will be able to assist you further with this. 

I am sorry that I have not been able to assist you further on this occasion, I hope we can get this resolved for you soon. 

Kindest regards,
Zoe C

elliottucker
Contributor
Registered since

May 5, 2020

I'm a new ANC headphone owner so I'm not entirely sure what's normal. I'm pretty sure that the background hiss on my new Bose 700 NC has increased since they upgraded themselves to firmware 1.3.1. My question is, it it normal to have a hissing sound? It's not static, just a slight hiss but you can just about hear it when listening to very detailed music like jazz. I may be imagining a change since the firmware upgrade.

Jeffy
Participant
Registered since

May 25, 2020

I am experiencing this right-side-only hissing whenever my headphones are on. It doesn't matter if they are linked with BT or cable-connected to the source. If the power is off the hiss stops. I have had these <30 days and am wondering if I should return them to the store. I am running the latest firmware and iOS application;  1.4.12 and 3.34 respectively. Please advise. Thanks!

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi All,

Thanks for posting and joining the discussion!

If you are also having this problem and have tried all the troubleshooting in this thread already, then the next thing to do would be to contact your local support team. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps!

irraju
Participant
Registered since

Sep 8, 2020

I hear that hissing noise on my left earcup. Its very peristent and hard to ignore. It sounds something like very soft sand is falling on the earcup on the outside