guru88
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Bose 700 is not connecting to new devices

I am having a lot of trouble with Bose 700 recently. It is not connecting to any new devices. I do how to connect a new device (the off button is not responding and there is no blue light blinking or anything) .. I dont even hear the voice inside the headphones that says "Ready to Connect" anymore.  and its not clearing any of the devices from the bluetooth list even after holding the button for 2 minutes . 

Also, the audio quality has gotten significantly choppy with scratching noises and this has nothing to do with the audio files as I play the music at 128kbps and have high speed internet. So definitely its the bluetooth. Whats the solution here? 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose 700 is not connecting to new devices

Hello guru88,

Thanks for posting!

I'm sorry to hear about these Bluetooth issues with your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. I'd love to see what I can do to help.

To begin, I would recommend performing a reset on the headphones. You can do this by following these steps:

1. Disconnect all cables from your headphones
  2. Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  3. On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup
  4. Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds

Next, I would suggest going to btu.bose.com and checking for any available firmware updates. 

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
guru88
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

I tried the reset procedure. it doesnt reset the headphones, all the paired devices are still paired and there is no change and the issue still exists. This is ridiculous. How can you they design a product with a proper reset mechanism?

Highlighted

Hello guru88,

This is not a factory reset, simply a power reset which does not erase any settings.

If you are still unable to clear the pairing list using the Power/Bluetooth button, I would recommend contacting your local customer service team to explore your service options.

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.