Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karan aiden
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 10, 2020

Bose 700 left headphone bubble noise

just bought this today. worked flawlessly initially. soon a strange noise in the left ear cup started, sometimes low/high.

it comes after putting the headset on even if the music is off.

the sound builds up gradually.

when i put it away the sound stops.

PRETTY ANNOYING

Didn't thought that after spending $545 for a BOSE headphone this would happen

13 REPLIES 13
Tegan_M

Re: Bose 700 left headphone bubble noise

Hello Karan, 

I am sorry that you're experiencing a 'bubble noise' with your headphones. This is not what we would expect!

Does this happen with every device you connect your headphones to?

Does the noise persist if you turn off noise cancellation?

Can you also do a wired and a Bluetooth connection to your device to see if this persists with both?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
karan aiden
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 10, 2020

this happens with every device I am connected to I tried three different devices.

its a fan bowing in left ear noise. head start spinning after a while of hearing this.

Even without noise cancelling it stays the same

Dissappears with wire connection completely but quality isn't s good as Bluetooth.

While connected to bluetooth even if source isn't playing there's a sound in left ear.

when I put the headset away it goes away as soon as I put on my ear it comes back on.

Seekay
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Hi Tegan_M,

Unfortunately this is exactly  what you need to expect from the Bose NC700. 

I’ve had 5 pairs, all had this problem. After the 4th replacement I just simply gave up and returned for good. 
Seems like there is a major lack of quality control. 
The QC35 II is a lot more reliable model. 

Charlotte_G

@karan aiden,

Thanks for trying this on multiple devices. It does seem as though it's something to do with the Bluetooth connection.

Could you please try and clear the pairing list on your headphones by following these instructions.

Additionally, a simple reset of the headphones can correct occasional processor errors, which you may be experiencing right now. To do this:

1. Disconnect all cables from your headphones
  2. Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  3. On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink twice
  4. Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds.

Let me know the outcome of these steps.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Seekay
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Hi Charlotte_G,

We appreciate your help but this isn’t related to the Bluetooth. This is a very common issue and the ANC causes the problem. When the noise cancelling is switched off, the bubble noise stops until you turn the ANC back on. 
Software update or reset won’t help. This is a hardware fault. 

Charlotte_G

Hey @Seekay,

It sounds like you may have had a different experience to @karan aiden as they have stated that this happens regardless of the ANC status. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
karan aiden
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 10, 2020

Cleared Bluetooth devices 4 times. Done reset thrice but no help. ANC on/off doesn’t help so went ahead to swap the product fir a new one. It’s ok now. I hope it stays ok

Seekay
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Hi karan aiden,

It was the ANC, trust me.  Don’t think you know how to turn the noise cancelling off completely. 

karan aiden
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 10, 2020

Got replaced with new one. Now it’s working fine.