Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

Bose 700 mic not showing up as input in windows 10

My Bose 700's initialed worked great with my windows 10 VOIP for Teams, Skype, Webex, etc.  Now when I connect the Bose 700 to my windows 10 the sound (speakers) comes through perfectly, but the microphone doesn't even show up in the input list.

Bose not working.png

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Bose 700 mic not showing up as input in windows 10

Hello MRJT30, 

Welcome to the community, thanks for reaching out. I am sorry that the microphone input no longer shows on your device.

I would firstly suggest that you reboot both your computer and your headphones. To reboot your headphones;

• Disconnect all cables from your headphones
  • Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  • On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink twice
  • Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds.
    Tip: If the headphones are unresponsive after a reset, reset them a second time.

Do let us know if these resets provide any improvements. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 8, 2020

The Bose 700 Bluetooth headset is not listing under Input Device. The Audio Speaker works perfect, but the Mic does not gets configured in Windows 10

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 29, 2020

Has there been a real solution to this problem offered yet? This canned answer that is offered first to every issue does not solve this problem and I am having it as well with brand new headphones

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 10, 2020

I have the same issue - as of yesterday my laptop only permits use of the internal microphone.

In the Settings/Sound section my Bose700 shows up under Sound, but not Input.

In the Bluetooth and other Devices Section under Audio it shows as "Bose 700 - Connected Music", while under Other Devices it shows as "LE-Bose 700 (with a question mark in a black diamond)".

In the Sound Settings the Bose 700 shows up twice:

First as "Headset - Bose 700 Hands-free - Disconnected", and

Second as "Headphones - Bose 700 Stereo - Default Device" 

I have rebooted the laptop, uninstalled bluetooth drivers, rebooted headset multiple times, all in various orders, and all to no avail.

Highlighted

Hi All,

Thanks for posting and contributing to the discussion!

@Wiggidy, what you are seeing in the sound settings is likely the reason that you are unable to use the microphone with your laptop at the moment.

The two versions of the 700s you see, "Headset - Bose 700 Hands-free" and "Headphones - Bose 700 Stereo", are the two Bluetooth profiles the headphones can use.

The "Headphones" profile is the standard stereo profile they will use when listening to music. The "Hands-free" profile is the one you want to use while accessing the microphone as this profile is the one that enables the microphone. 

If you can in the sound settings select the Headset version of the headphones. This will allow you to use the microphone again.

If you are having trouble doing this, we do have an in-depth informational post on using Bluetooth devices with computers that I'm sure you will all find helpful!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.