david@the-ashleys.com
Participant
Registered since

Jun 13, 2020

Re: Bose 700 microphone provides a muffled voice sound (when making phone calls ONLY)

I get the same , trouble shooting is a cop out there is a problem that needs addressing by Bose.

Because everybody on YouTube recommended them I bought them specifically for phone calls. I feel ripped off !

Hector_B

Re: Bose 700 microphone provides a muffled voice sound (when making phone calls ONLY)

Hey David, 

Thank you for also reaching out and contributing to this thread. I'm sorry to hear that you are also having this issue and haven't been able to resolve this via our troubleshooting steps. 

Can you please let us know which device you are using with the headset to make calls? I'd also like to know if you have tested any other devices with the headphones? 

We look forward to hearing back from you with further information. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
AVBERNAL
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2021

Re: Bose 700 microphone provides a muffled voice sound on any device

I have the same problem.  However, mine goes further when in Zoom and Teams mtg.  Please help.  These were a gift I requested to help me from not having to take my hearing aids off and on...

Marvin_B

Re: Bose 700 microphone provides a muffled voice sound on any device

Hi Avbernal,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

Sorry that you are having the issue. I would suggest to reset your headphones and then test it again. Usually that addresses the issue!

To reboot your headset:

Product settings are retained during this reset. (Note: A second reboot may be necessary if the headphones appear unresponsive after the first.)

1. Disconnect all cables from your headphones
  2. Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  3. On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink twice
  4. Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds.
    Tip: If the headphones are unresponsive after a reset, reset them a second time.

Hope that helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!