Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 5, 2019

Bose 700 noise cancelling headphones charging issue

Hi, I have the 700's for just over two weeks and they are now not charging properly. I noticed something strange last week and wondered if I had made an error. Yesterday I charged them for over 5 hours and time remaining stayed at 8 hrs and 30 mins.

The white light at the bottom of the cup flashes while 'charging'. And I have tried to swapping from usb hub to direct into the laptop but with no success.

I do have to say, that while I love the headphones in use, between the pain in the neck set up issues and now this charging issue I find myself very frustrated. 

Thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Bose 700 noise cancelling headphones charging issue

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Tegan_M

Hello Community,

Thank you for reaching out, I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing some charging issues with your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. I can understand your frustrations regarding this issue. 

I would firstly suggest performing a reset of your headphones. Instruction on how to do this can be found below. 

• Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  • Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  • Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  • Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds

Please let us know if this provides any improvements. I look forward to hearing from you. 

Warm regards,

Tegan M 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

62 REPLIES 62
Highlighted

Hi Dgrace, 

thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the charging issues you are experiencing with your Noise Canceling Headphones 700. I can imagine how frustrating this must be for you and I will do all I can to assist you! 

I would recommend double-checking the update is complete. To check this, plug your headset into a computer and go to btu.bose.com and follow the onscreen instructions. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 5, 2019

OK, they finally went up to 18 hours. I think it is a reporting issue, they don’t seem to refresh the audio battery life very frequently. This is still a bit irritating but not as bad as the headphones not charging.

Highlighted

Hi Dgrace, 

thank you for coming back to me! 

I'm glad to hear this seems to have sorted itself out. 

If you experience any other issues please come back to us! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

I've noticed a similar issue twice now. After charging the headphones overnight, I powered them on to find the power status reported the same that it did prior to turning them off the day prior. After the second time this occurred (and reading this forum post), I unplugged my headphones about 20 minutes after plugging the headphones back again and the battery level was reported at 18 hours.

This leads me to agree with @dgrace that this is a reporting issue. When this issue occurs again, I'll immediately power off the headphones and power them back on to see if the battery reporting has changed. I'll report back with my findings.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

I can confirm the behavior I previously mentioned. After fully charging my headphones, when I turn them on, the previous battery time left is reported. If I immediately power off the headphones and then power them back on, the headphones then report the actual batter level of full. I consider this to be a minor inconvenience but I'd hope there is an easy fix.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 20, 2019

Last night my headphones were fully drained of battery, so when I plugged them to charge they started flashing red and white. So I left it that way to charge them for 6 hours, morning when I checked they were flashing white, usually, when they are completely charged they will be solid white. When I connected them to the bose app, the indicator was 15 hours. 

Any suggestions? I will follow the steps mentioned above by the moderator to see if an update failed etc. I will provide an update again.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

Just bought these headphones a couple days ago.  Took them out of the box to give them a try and they indicated they had approximately 5 hours of battery left. Charged them overnight and used them the next day.  Battery reported 5 hours of battery life again.  I thought my charger was defective so I charged them overnight again.  Charging light was a constant white light indicating they were fully charged.  Turned them back on - same thing.  Turned the power on/off and checked again.  Still 5 hours.  Turned on/off again - still 5 hours.  Turned on/off again - this time they reported 18 hours.  Whew...  came back after leaving them sit for the day while I was at work.  Turned them back on and now reporting as 19 hours.  Reporting and accuracy seems to be an issue.  Hopefully a software/firmware update can fix this annoyance.

Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Tegan_M

Hello Community,

Thank you for reaching out, I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing some charging issues with your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. I can understand your frustrations regarding this issue. 

I would firstly suggest performing a reset of your headphones. Instruction on how to do this can be found below. 

• Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  • Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  • Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  • Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds

Please let us know if this provides any improvements. I look forward to hearing from you. 

Warm regards,

Tegan M 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 20, 2019

@Tegan_M Thank You so much for your suggestion and I tried that yesterday and it worked. Today morning when I checked the battery indicator was solid white and the battery indicator in the bose app was 19hrs so we are good. I hope I don't run into same issue again.. I really like these headphones but I am not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling. I have updated another thread also about the mute issues and other problems. I hope team will be able to figure those issues out and provide a better customer experience. Good Luck to your tech team.