Highlighted

Re: Bose 700 noise cancelling headphones charging issue

Hello federicot, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I am sorry to hear that you're experiencing some charging issues with your NC Headphones 700. Could you please elaborate on the charging behavior that you are experiencing?

Yes, you can use your phone charger plug for the reset.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 17, 2020

I have similar issues. I just received the Bose 700 and it was a complete PTA to setup.

Initially I had it setup to my Google Pixel 4 XL phone. It updated the headphones via the Music App.

Then I connected the headphones to my computer and searched for the update again, just to confirm that it was already up to date...but no, the computer found 1.3.1 update, which I did. So makes me think the Bose Music app on Android didn't actually do the update.

Now I have charging issues. The charging white led keeps blinking even after 2 hours of charging from a fast charger. Also, the time remaining is not reported correctly.

This is the worst Bose experience I have had so far, over so many years! Your earlier products, all just worked out of the box...what happened to your quality control and poor software development?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 1, 2020

I’ve had the same problem with two different 700 AR headsets. I reset the first pair several times to no solution. Got a brand new pair. Charged overnight - same time reported when I powered on after seeing a solid light. Plugged back in to a different cord and plug - 15 minutes later I had 19 hours. There’s something with the headset not reporting the right time and/or overcharging issue 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 1, 2020

This is only a one-time fix, if that. I’ve used this tip several times. There’s something about trying to charge the full battery at one time - you can’t. You can charge for a shirt charge, unplug and then maybe get back to 20 hours. Brand new, second pair with full updates. There’s something wrong with charging in one-go 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 30, 2017

So you are saying you found a solution or not?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 7, 2020

Bought a brand new pair from store. The first time I tried to charge it fully (after just a few minutes of usage), the light kept blinking white the whole time (never reached solid-white light state = full charge). The second time I tried a full charge, the light did stop blinking white and reached the solid white state (sign of a full charge). The third time, I thought I'd try a full battery drain first. I drained the battery and set it for recharge. Red blinking light = internal fault. I'm thinking maybe I just picked a malfunctioning specimen from the store and a replace will do fine.

Contacted support and got the headphones replaced. So yesterday I received my brand new replacement sent by Bose. I listen a couple of hours until I reach 2 hours of remaining charge. In the meantime the headphones are updated with the latest firmware. I then try to give them their first full recharge, but the light signal remains blinking white (charging state) for the whole night and never reaches fully charged (solid white) state. When I turn them on, the same battery life is reported unchanged. I then plug into a different USB outlet, battery seems to have charged some (reports 15h now), but light still keeps blinking white (charging state, fully charged state not yet reached).

I will try to give them another recharge session for a couple of hours hoping to reach the fully charged state.

Obviously there is a fault with the hardware design on these very expensive headphones. I'd hope it's just a software glitch that can be fixed by a new firmware but my suspicion is that this a hardware issue. I'm incredibly disappointed (my first Bose purchase) and will probably have to demand a full refund if I notice this problem again in the next couple of weeks.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 1, 2020

Yup, as I stated in my post, I know this is a solution and I've tried it many times. Sometimes it works, but mostly it doesn't. This isn't an actual solution as the problem keeps happening with multiple cords, plugs, and Bose headphones. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 7, 2020

Agree with Stacyc55. The problem seems to be hardware, not software, affecting the model itself out of the box, not just isolated cases or user-specific behavior.

May Bose please inform us on how it investigates and addresses this problem? (Instructions to reboot the headset are not a fix)

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 7, 2020

Dear Bose,

It seems strange you are not really supporting this issue.

Could you confirm this is (or not) a hardware issue and what are the types of measures and investigation you have taken since last year? I believe that since september 2019 you now have a precise idea.

Would it help you if we communicate more on twitter or linkedin to get it resolved?

Please note that I use it in my business life because of surrounding noise which when I can't use it for charging issue impacts directly my productivity.

A real solution would be welcome.

Thanks for your support.

Frequence

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 11, 2020

Hello,

I just had it where my headphones said they had 14 hours battery life left and then they seemed to be turned off as the white light wasn't showing and then after 45 minutes without music being played they suddenly say 2.5 hours remaining.

Also, no matter what I do to connect as advised in this forum, it barely connects to the Bose Music App.

Considering how much these cost, these things are really frustrating!