Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Re: Bose 700 noise cancelling headphones charging issue

Hi, I bought three weeks ago a brand new Bose 700 and same issue but mines always get charged up until 2h 45m only. Never more or less. I've  tried everything. 

Highlighted

Hi Jackjack, 

Thanks for joining the discussion. 

I'm sorry to hear you're also having power-related issues. 

Can you please take a look at this page for further information: Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

Thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 21, 2020

I have purchased this headphone weeks ago and charging it for the first time and it didn’t fully charged even after leaving it on Charing for nearly 8hours 

when I checked the headphone after eight hours it was charged only 18 hours and not 20 hours

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Does it means the specifications are wrongs stating 20 hours charge time 

when I charged my headset for nearly eight hours it shown 18 hours charges and when I started to use it I got voice message saying I have 17 hours battey remaining 

is it a fault if so can I exchange it now as I do have 7 days out of 14 days return policy 

thanks 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Hello Bose,

I purchased the Bose 700 Headphones about 3 weeks ago. Only

twice have I heard “battery fully

charged”(after charging with the case) that it kept saying “Battery 19 hours”.

And now since about a week I can’t manage to get the battery higher than 16-17 hours (sometimes it says 16 hours other times 17 hours after leaving charge completely - light was blinking white).

This morning I resetted the headphones according to this post and even though it first said 17 hours after reconnecting right again it jumped back to 16 hours. I put it to charge again, the white light blinked, when it stopped I turned it on again and it still said 16 hours... I have tried all of the following to no avail:

* Reset the headphones as per the instruction manual and this post

* Unpaired the device from the phone and iPad and paired them again

I also have a second issue, whenever I connect to my phone, it connects but the app never shows the connection and it says “not available” no matter how many times I refresh, close and open the app, delete and download the app... 

I really love the headphones but am starting to get frustrated with all these issues and am afraid there is something with the battery right from the get go (after the first full charge right after purchase it said “battery 19 hours”...

Thank you 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 23, 2020

I tried the reset option, firmware update option as well. But the battery does not charge to 20 hours. But only till 15 hours. In few minutes of usage, it goes down to 14 hours. 

What have I tried so far:

1) Firmware update -- upto date

2) Connecting using Bose given USB-C cable from laptop

3) Connecting using Bose given USB-C cable from wall charger

4) When charging, pressing the power button for 2 seconds

5) Connecting using a different USB-C cable.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 25, 2020

This is not a fix.  Your reset does not work. I have done all you have asked and your battery charging issue remains. Everyone on this forum is saying the same thing and this has been going on for months.  Why haven't you repaired it?  For the most part these are good headphones except that they do not offer the reported battery life nor do they report battery life correctly.  I am still within the time to return these, I have been reluctant to do so hoping that because you have seen this issue for months you would have a resolution soon. YOU DO NOT. You offered to replace the headphones and my question to you is, "Why would I want a replacement set that does the same thing?"  it is looking more and more like a return unless you fix this problem. It is indeed sad that having this problem with so long without a resolution.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 16, 2020

Hi, I would like to warn people about my experience with the Bose 700 power charging issue. Like many on this forum, I was having similar problems that the headphones would give conflicting battery life messages: one moment 'battery full'... then a few minutes later 'battery 17 hours'. I also had difficulty charging the headphones, whether using USB-a wall charger, or my computer when it was powered on. It seemed like I needed to be using the computer for the headphones to charge (I had left them charging overnight on the computer and they didn't charge at all).

So I tried the 'fix' suggested by the moderator Tegan M, and then my headphones wouldn't turn on at all. No power. Nothing.

I appreciate that Bose are replacing the headphones, but this will be yet another attempt to get these otherwise wonderful headphones to work! Bose replaced my last pair for similar power issues.

I just want to enjoy lovely sounds coming through my headphones... not sure what the problem is Bose, because it seems quite a common problem.

Thanks for listening.

I hope everyone is keeping well through these challenging times.

Regards,

David

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 16, 2020

Hello,

I tried to respond to this last week, but my post seemed to have got lost.

I've had the same issues with (non)charging. I tried the fix that you suggest... and then I couldn't turn on the headphones at all. They simply would not power on. I'm not sure what happened because I followed the steps exactly as outlined.

In the meantime I've asked for a replacement. I'm disappointed because it seems to be a common problem and, otherwise, I love these headphones.

Any advice?

Thanks for reading. Sincerely, David

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Mine first time I charged them 13h. Second time 2h.45. Ever since always 2h45m.