Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Bose 700 noise cancelling headphones

Hi,

I bought yesterday the new Bose 700 headphones and went through the (easy and quick) pairing process to an iPhone 8. However, once I disconnected the headphones and tried reconnect, the app could not find the device.

What was weird is that the iPhone show the headphones as connected (from the Bluetooth setting) and I could actually hear the sound but the Bose Music app did not recognize this. thus I could not use the app to modify the headphone set up. Also in the Bluetoth setting I could see 2 devices connected:  "Bose_700_Headphones" and "LE_Bose_700_Headphones". Why??

Any similar experience? Any hint on how to fix this?

Thanks,

BD

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 13, 2019

Re: Bose 700 noise cancelling headphones

Author Accepted Answer selected by Black_Diamond

The app is broken.  There currently isn’t a fix and you have to forget the device and start over. It will mess up again the next time you use it though. Bose is aware of the issue and is supposedly fixing it by the end of the month. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 13, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by Black_Diamond

The app is broken.  There currently isn’t a fix and you have to forget the device and start over. It will mess up again the next time you use it though. Bose is aware of the issue and is supposedly fixing it by the end of the month. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Thanks, I look forward to the fix end of July then.

On the one hand those are issues any early adopter has experienced, on the other end I would have expected better quality gates at Bose when lunching a supposedly premium product..t

BD

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 19, 2020

Bose 700 noise cancelling headphones are supposed to be top of the line with cancelling background noise for conference calls.  HOWEVER, I’ve purchased 2 in the sandstone colour and BOTH ended up being defective - that is the person on the call can still hear my baby crying in the background.  I am waiting for their call centre to reopen again so they can get this fixed. Bose needs to do a root cause analysis as I suspect there is a batch that is defective in circulation.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Not sure if i understand your complaint: what the other person in the call hears comes from your microphone which cannot be noise-cancelling. So you, wearing the earphone, should not hear your baby crying but the other person will hear everything in your environment.

My 2 cents...

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 19, 2020

I have asked Bose Customer Service specifically about this before I purchased the headphone.  The person on the phone should NOT be hearing ANY background noise (i.e. baby crying) on the noise cancellation setting 10, otherwise, what is the point?!  The Bose 700 Headphones are supposed to be designed specifically for conference calls.

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Mar 19, 2020

That isn't correct.  The 700 uses 4 of the 8 microphones and NC to clean up background noise.  Similar mentioned in the marketing blurb for the 700 below:

An adaptive mic system for superior voice pickup

Bose Headphones 700 feature an unrivalled four-microphone system that picks up and isolates your voice while cancelling the noise around you. You’ll hear and be heard like never before—even in noisy environments.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Great, thanks.  I did  not know that

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Mar 19, 2020

Glad you didn't take my reply the wrong way - I just realised it started a bit blunt which wasn't the intention 🙂