Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 7, 2020

Bose 700 randomly disappears from macbook sound output list

I just bought a new Bose NC 700 Headphone. When it's connected to my macbook pro 2018 (macOS 10.15.3) via bluetooth, audio stops randomly, every 10~20 minutes. The headphone is not connected to other devices at the same time. The automatic power off is set to 3 hours. The firmware is the latest version.

When this happens, the bluetooth is still connected, but Bose 700 disappears from the audio input and output list. Audio input and output will be switched to the internal speakers automatically. I can disconnect and connect again, and it will work as normal.

I use Bose 700 for online meetings. So this issue is very annoying for me. Other bluetooth headphones such as Airpods works without this issue.

This issue only happens when the microphone is working (The encoding is SCO instead of AAC)

BTW, if I connect Bose 700 to my macbook pro via 3.5mm audio cable, I can't use Bose 700 as audio input, since it will never appear in the audio input list.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 7, 2020

Re: Bose 700 randomly disappears from macbook sound output list

Update: it will only disappear from the audio input list. It's still on the audio output list, but clicking on it does nothing.

Highlighted

Re: Bose 700 randomly disappears from macbook sound output list

Hi zzh, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you seem to be experiencing with your NC700 headphones and we will be more than happy to help where I can. 

Can you tell me if you have experienced the same issue with another device?

Can you tell me if you are using a specific program on your MacBook pro?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!