bokchok
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

Bose 700 right microphone not working

My Bose 700 headphones work perfectly except for one thing--the microphones in the right earcup do not work when I am making a call. I have tried restarting the headphones as well as calling on other devices. Is this a hardware or firmware issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: Bose 700 right microphone not working

Hello bokchok,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community, I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your NCH 700's. This is something I would be more than happy to help you with, it sounds like you have already tried a great step it's a shame it has not worked. We can look into the settings of the device as could be causing the audio from only one ear cup, do both ear cups work as at all other times except on a call? In the meantime, you can try changing the settings on your phone. 

For Android, while on a call, tap the Bluetooth® button, then select the headphones you want to use. Or, to always use those headphones, go to Settings > Bluetooth, then select the headphones and check the Phone Audio option.

For iPhone, while on a call, tap the Audio button, then select the headphones you want to use. Or, to always use those headphones, go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Call Audio Routing, then select the headphones.

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community 

Highlighted
bokchok
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

Hi,

I tested the microphones with a voice recorder and when I am talking on the phone both microphones work. The issue arises that when I set the "self-hear" setting during calling to any setting other than none, only the left microphones pick up my voice. However for all other purposes all microphones work.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello bokchok,

Thanks for getting back to me. Just so I can look into this further for you, could you please clarify with me how you are able to know that only one side of microphones work? What testing have you done? Have you tried another device with the headphones to see if the same issue occurs? 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C