Did you mean: 
bazza__11
Participant
Registered since

Feb 6, 2021

Bose 700 some functionality not working

I'm using oneplus 6t phone, with spotify

Hi,  

I have a bose 700 headphone, it was working perfectly and i loved it. suddenly the "swipe forward/backward" function and "double-tap" to pause/unpause music isn't working. 

Volume up and down works, the one-tap for battery works, the double-tap to answer calls work

I tried resetting the headphones but still facing the same issue.

Is it a faulty headphone and needs to be changed? Or is it a support/Bluetooth/firmware/update thing requires installation? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Bose 700 some functionality not working

Author Accepted Answer selected by bazza__11

Hi bazza_11,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for joining us!

It is interesting that only the playback controls have stopped working and you are still able to control the volume and answer calls. As you mentioned you are listening to Spotify when you are unable to control playback, are you able to control any other apps like YouTube or other music apps as well or do they not respond to the controls either?

Resetting the headphones is a great troubleshooting step to try, and one other step that would definitely be worth trying is clearing the pairing between the headphones and your phone, then connecting them with a fresh connection. To clear the pairing on the headphones, turn them on then press and hold the Bluetooth/power button for at least 10 seconds until you hear a notification. You can then forget the headphones from the Bluetooth device list on the headphones before reconnecting the two and testing the playback controls.

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Keith_L
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by bazza__11

Hi bazza_11,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for joining us!

It is interesting that only the playback controls have stopped working and you are still able to control the volume and answer calls. As you mentioned you are listening to Spotify when you are unable to control playback, are you able to control any other apps like YouTube or other music apps as well or do they not respond to the controls either?

Resetting the headphones is a great troubleshooting step to try, and one other step that would definitely be worth trying is clearing the pairing between the headphones and your phone, then connecting them with a fresh connection. To clear the pairing on the headphones, turn them on then press and hold the Bluetooth/power button for at least 10 seconds until you hear a notification. You can then forget the headphones from the Bluetooth device list on the headphones before reconnecting the two and testing the playback controls.

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

bazza__11
Participant
Registered since

Feb 6, 2021

Hello Keith_L ,  thanks for getting back to me. 

I did try resetting/rebotting the headphone as i saw some people faced this issue before and mods said to do it. 

But it didn't work. 

However, I just deleted the bose app and removed the pairing between all my devices and my bose 700 then reinstalling it again and pairing again then tried with youtube and worked. and tried it with Spotify and worked

thanks

Keith_L
Community Manager

No worries bazza__11. I'm glad to hear you've got the headphones controlling playback correctly again!

If there's anything else we can do to help in the future, don't hesitate to reach back out!