Karmalakas
Participant
Registered since

Feb 3, 2020

Re: Bose 700 stutter and more

Can confirm the issue
MacBook Pro and Pixel 2 (Android)

The only way to be able to decently listen from Mac, is to disable BT on phone or go to Bose app and disconnect Phone in Settings >> BT connections.

Simone Somma
Participant
Registered since

Feb 5, 2020

I've the same issue

NC 700 connected to an iPhone XS and to a Macbook Pro at the same time. If I stream from the macbook I have a stop every 2 minutes on average.

Very disappointing for a 400€ headsets. Friends with SONY MX3 makes fun of me 

SplatMan_DK
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 6, 2020

Same issue here

Brand new headset. Connection my Android phone works, but connecting it to my Windows 10 laptop produces nothing but stuttering sound.

The setup of the product using the dedicated app was a nightmare to begin with, with numerous errors. But to be unable to use the headphones with my beefy Windows 10 laptop is ... a surprising disappointment.

It's a 6-core 12 thread Lenovo P72, so processing power is not the issue. This is clearly a BT connection issue.

It would be nice if we could get some response from Bose that isn't just generic templates from outsources support agents. Can someone escalate this, so it actually gets addressed? It's not the cheapest piece of gear out there, so I honestly expected better.

Luxan
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 3, 2017

I bought this headphones over the Sony XM3 simply because of the ability to connect to two devices (Phone and PC). But now the very same reason I bought it for is the one that has the most problems; If I connect to two devices, the headphones stutters badly!!

Add to that the awful problem of the headphones not able to connect to their stupid Bose Music app except after multiple tries, and you quickly discovered that you wasted $400!!

This is the last time I buy anything from Bose after being a loyal customer for so long. Bose simply lost it. 

clemensmol
Participant
Registered since

Mar 27, 2020

Same issue. Connected to iMac and iPhone 11. Stuttering a lot... Bose when can we expect a FW update to fix this?

nnnikolay
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

Hey Bose,

I've the same issue with MBP 2020 + Pixel 3, you see all of these gadgets are top notch and buying Bose 700 I've followed the same logic, my question is should I send them back to a seller or you guys going to fix it ASAP?

could you please share your roadmap, thanks.

MavXD
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 20, 2020

nnnikolay
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

Thanks man a lot for your research, I highly appreciate, however, I think it does not worth it. I'm gonna send it back. It's very pity for such a company such type of behaviour 😞

xroot
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

Hi @Wayne_M ,

Involving you since nobody from Bose gave a good explanation on why this stutter problem is a thing and/or what to do about it. It's been months. Could this be escalated to a dev team? There are definitely hundreds of silent users that suffer from this very problem.

Thank you,

-xroot

gorgeeeeous
Participant
Registered since

Apr 7, 2020

This has happened before, and when I reset the headphones, the issue went away.  This time, I tried to reset again (turn off and wait 30 seconds, plug in for 5 seconds, then wait 1 minute to turn back on) and the issue did not go away.

The headphones are set up on my iPhone but they are NOT connected to my phone and my iPhone's bluetooth is turned off. I am using the headphones ONLY on my Mac laptop, but the laptop has two other Bluetooth devices connected.  I don't know if the issue is because the battery is low (2 hours left) or if it is because I have a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard set up as well.

Please help!