Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2020

Bose 700: tried to reset, now they don't turn on

At first I was having an issue that has already multiple threads open: after fully recharging the headphones, I could never get a full charge (ranges between 13-16 hours).

As I was attempting to reset the headphones following an official Bose response here, when the blue light came on, suddenly the just stopped working.

Now:

- They won't turn on

- Not even the bluetooth light turns on

- Not even the charging light turns on

Any possible solutions?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bose 700: tried to reset, now they don't turn on

Hello Chemanicca, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to hear that you are having some very strange power issues with your headphones. 

I understand that you have already attempted the reset but I would highly recommend we attempt to perform this once or twice more. Sometimes it takes more than one reset to resolve some issues. 

To ensure you are performing the reset correctly, please follow these steps below: 

• Disconnect all cables from your headphones
  • Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  • On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink twice
  • Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds.

I would also like for you to connect the headset to a PC/Mac via the USB charging cable and visit our online updater to see if the website recognizes the headset. If it does and there is an update available please perform this. 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2020

Hello,

An additional reset was able to help me turn on the headphones again.

- Performed the online updater maneuver, latest version was already installed

At this stage I am able to normally turn them on and off again; however, I am unable to get a battery time of longer than 16 hours. I have tried to reset the headphones to factory configuration by following the steps you described, but I don't think it works.

If it did, I would need to pair the headphones to my devices again right? This hasn't happened.

We do not have a way of 'Factory resetting' the headphones, just resetting. However, as you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there.  

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!