Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 23, 2020

Bose 700 turns off immediately after turning on

When the power button is pressed on the 700 headphones, the power on sound is heard and it turns off immediately because it emits the power off sound. This is occurring when every time I attempt to turn the bluetooth headphones on. Ive had the Bose NCH 700 for about 3 months, but I cant use it anymore. I've charged it via PC and from the wall (~2hrs using a phone charger), it might be a battery issue. The light blinks red and white while the headphones turn on and off, and while its charging. It seems like its dead/ unusable; need a replacement from Bose.

EDIT: according to the article https://www.bose.ca/en_ca/support/article/headphone-status-indicators-headphone.html, blinking white & red, contact bose support.  
There's a thread on 'factory' resetting the headphones, that doesnt seem to work (https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/How-To-Factory-Reset-700-NC-Headphone/td-p/22...)

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 22, 2020

Re: Bose 700 turns off immediately after turning on

I am also having a similar issue, I made a post about it yesterday but there has been no answer so far. I feel like we may not get one until monday

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 22, 2020

It seems it is a software issue, I managed to downgrade mine to 1.3.1 and solved the problem
if you dont wanna risk messing with that stuff you will have to wait till bose put out a software update

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 23, 2020

Same sort of thing is happening to me since the latest update. Headphones turn on, make the startup sound, announce battery life & that they're connected to my phone, but no music can be heard through the headphones. After a few seconds they reboot and it seems to be OK second time around. 

However, I've just been listening to some music and after that initial boot / reboot they were fine for a while, then made a loud buzz, rebooted, and when they came back & connected to my phone they refused to play any music. 

Only had this issue since the most recent update with the equaliser (that I've never used.) 

Phone is a Google Pixel 2 running Android 10, latest update (May 2020). 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 25, 2020

I got an update for my Bose sometime in late April/beginning of May, and since then the headphones pairs with my phone (Samsung Galaxy s10+) and Macbook as usual, but after 30-40 seconds it plays a long, high pitched continuous "beep" before it shuts off on itself and restarts. It will sometimes pair with my devices, sometimes not, and usually it will deny playing my music, even though my mac/phone says it's playing music. 

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 20, 2020

Same for me when connected to my Samsung Galaxy S9. This started with the latest firmware update. Never had this issue before.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

I'm affected by this as well with the latest firmware.  Powering on just results in an immediate poweroff.  Headphones are fully charged.  Trying to figure out how to factory reset...

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 26, 2020

I am having the exact same issue with mine.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 26, 2020

This seems to be a pattern. I was listening this morning and they have gone into the Red White blinking state. Tried many different times to reset headphones with no luck. Tried calling support and hung up after on hour. I have a text in right now waiting for response. These headphones have become an important part to the current remote working scenario. Looking forward to a solution to this issue.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 26, 2020

Curious what you find out. Mine now just power cycle on/off. They are completely unusable now.

They work perfectly fine when I forget the device from my phone's bluetooth list, and I connect them to my computer. The moment I connect them to my phone (Pixel 2xl), it power cycles on/off. I tried connecting them to a different phone (normal Pixel 2) and they work fine as well.

Other Bose products (soundsport earbuds) work fine on my Pixel 2xl.