Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2020

Bose 700 uc - troubleshooting

Hi,

I'm currently having issues with my bose 700 uc with the dongle plug in.

At some random time, there is a phone tone like when you open up the phone and then 5-10 second after it sound like an occupied tone. It goes on repeat. 

I'm currently using windows and i need help to troubleshoot the issues

Best regards

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Bose 700 uc - troubleshooting

Hey jpll, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! I'd love to assist you with this strange tone issue you are having. 

Can you please let us know if this issue happens when connected directly to the PC or only when connecting via the UC dongle? 

Let's go ahead and reset the headset as well as the dongle. To perform a reset on the headset please follow these steps below: 

• Disconnect all cables from your headphones
  • Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  • On the headphones, press and hold the power/Bluetooth button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink twice
  • Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds.

To reset the dongle please unplug the USB Link for 30 seconds and replug into the computer's USB port.

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2020

Hi,

I did you troubleshooting step and will keep you updated to see if it fix the issues or not,

Best regards

Highlighted

Thanks for trying that jpll.

Please do keep us updated on how you get on, we look forward to hearing back from you!

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2020

Hi,

After doing the reset, it worked for 1 day but today i entered a webex meeting and it did the same issues and i try restarting them and same thing happen.

I'm not sure if the problem is attributed to webex because the first time i received the headphone I plug them in it had the same issues.

Best regards

Highlighted

Thanks for updating us with this jpll, 

Have you been able to attempt to use the headset with another platform? The headphones and module are Microsoft Teams certified. They also work with Google Meet and are compatible with Zoom. So these are some great platforms to use the headset with as a test. 

We look forward to hearing back from you with further information. I'd also love to hear from any other users in the Community using the headset with Webex.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2020

Hi,

Yes, i have been able to use the headset with the teams, zoom and didn't try google meet but it worked with all of those.

Is there anything i can do to make it work with webex?

Best regards,

Highlighted

Thanks for coming back to us! 

This seems to be an issue with Webex and I would be super interested to see if anyone else was experiencing these issues. I encourage you to chime in below. 

I would recommend taking a look at the settings menu on Webex to see if they have any specific settings to help with your issue. 

Let us know!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2020

Hi,

I would expect more from bose than just referring to Webex ... 

Any troubleshooting step ???? I'm not the one who suppose to troubleshoot the issues ...