Antediluvean
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2020

Bose 700 with Pixel 3a

I installed the latest Bose Music App 3.4.1, updated the firmware on Headphones to 1.4.12 right from the start. Since then I am having following issues with my new NC Bose 700 Headphones.

Headphones are working fine when connected to Windows 10 PCs via Bluetooth. However, I am not able to pair them with my Android Phone Pixel 3a. Headphones get connected via Bluetooth but no music can be played nor it can be connected to Bose Music App. After a minute or so heapdhones will reboot. This is happening over and over until I turn the Bluetooth off on the Pixel 3a. I can use Bose 700 headphones with the cable so wireless usage with my phone is unavalable at this moment.

NOTE: I reinstalled the Bose Music App but nothing has changed.

Is there any fix for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Antediluvean
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2020

Re: Bose 700 with Pixel 3a

Author Accepted Answer selected by Antediluvean

Updating NC 700 Headphones to firmware 1.5.1 fixed the issue with Pixel 3a.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Sam_F

Hey @Antediluvean,

I'm sorry to hear you've run into some trouble using your NC700 headphones with your Pixel 3a - this shouldn't be happening.

I'd like to ask first of all - are you experiencing this issue when the headphones are connected to both the Windows 10 PC and Pixel device at the same time? Or, do you clear the pairing list of the headphones and then just connect to the Pixel by itself? 

I'd recommend connecting the headphones just to the Pixel, to see if these issues can be replicated. Also, I'd recommend performing a reset on the headphones as shown HERE, as this will help clear any underlying issues. Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Antediluvean
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2020

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me. Headphones were connected only to my mobile phone Pixel 3a because that is my primary device for listening to music/conference calls. I wanted to check whether the reboot issue occurs with other devices without being connected to Pixel 3a simultaneously. 

I followed the procedure for headphones reset, but it didn't help. I even tried to remove Bluetooth pairing and the Bose Music App, but this didn't fix this issue either. Bose 700 Headphones are rebooting as soon as I try to pair them with Pixel 3a. 

Do you have any other suggestions?

Sam_F

Thank you for trying those steps, @Antediluvean. Sorry to hear things haven't improved.

I'm sure you've checked this, but do you know if your Pixel 3A device is up-to-date in terms of software? Have you ever connected Bluetooth headphones to this device in the past, and if so, did you run into any similar issues? Do you have any alternative Bluetooth audio devices that you could test by connecting to the Pixel?

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Antediluvean
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2020

Hello,

my Pixel 3a Android phone is up-to-date. It is running Android Version 10 with the latest security update on June 5th, 2020. I have experienced headphones reboots once in a while but right now, I cant use the Bose headphones with this phone due to the reboot loop. I also use Pixel 3a Bluetooth in my car and with an external speaker Ultimate Ears Boom 2. There haven't been any issues with the Bluetooth connection there whatsoever. 

I tested Bose 700 headphones on Samsung Galaxy A5 with the Android 8 and Security patch level on May 1st, 2020. The Bluetooth connection is stable without any issues so it looks like some incompatibility with Pixel 3a. 

Keith_L

Thanks for that information!

It's really weird that this is just happening with the Pixel and not even other Android devices. 

When your headphones reboot, do you hear a sound before they reboot? I'm wondering if this might be related to the issue being discussed on this thread as there are a few users here who are discussing a similar issue where the headphones buzz and then reboot after the latest update. This is something our engineering team is currently looking into, so if it does sound like what you are experiencing, I'll make sure to pass your information along to them as well.

What I would recommend doing as well is reaching out to your local support team to look at the service options, just so you can completely rule out it being something specific to the headset you have as well. You can find their contact information HERE by choosing your country/region and then the "Contact Us" option at the bottom of the page.

Antediluvean
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2020

Hello Keith,

Thanks for your insights. Buzz and headphones reboot situation happened to me when I managed to connect with Bluetooth to Pixel 3a, so I believe continual reboots on NC 700 headphones are developed out of that. I recorded this situation via an external microphone (if that helps).

Do you know when the next firmware update is to be released? 

Antediluvean
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by Antediluvean

Updating NC 700 Headphones to firmware 1.5.1 fixed the issue with Pixel 3a.

View solution in original post

Dan1234567890
Participant
Registered since

Aug 12, 2020

Bose 700 with Pixel 3a

Hi, I'm having the same issue as this topic https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Bose-700-with-Pixel-3a/m-p/537196#M65170

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Bose-700-with-Pixel-3a/m-p/537196#M65170</a><... after installing 1.5.1 FW, my issue still persist.

So, I can connect my headphones with my computer and other mobile phones via bluetooth without any problem, I can connect my Pixel 3 phone with any other bluetooth headphones without any trouble, but I can not connect my pixel 3 with Bose 700 NC via bluetooth. It constantly keeps reconnecting. So I can connect them for 20 seconds, but after those 20 sec, headphones are automatically rebooted and then after few attempts headphones usually froze (if I do not turn off BT on my mobile, so it stops try to connect and reeboot headphone). If headphones end up frozen, I have to restart them by connecting them with USB cable and bluetooth button. I tried, I think everything that is mentioned here on the forum: disabling wi-fi &amp; bluetooth scanning, connecting without bose music app, restarting the headphones, clearing bluetooth list on headphones and all devices, but nothing helps. What can I do? Can I send some logs so somebody can check what is going on? Pixel should have purest android and I wouldn't expect those kind of problems on Pixel phones, but I see quite some of topics with problem connecting with pixel devices...How is the issue fixed for this guy in linked topic with Pixel 3a with new 1.5.1 FW, I still have the same problem...?

Ufffff..... Since it is hard to check through bose app my version of FW, I did it with updater, here is the Pixel 3 doesn't have 3,5mm jack, so basically I can not connect HP to my phone.

Dan1234567890
Participant
Registered since

Aug 12, 2020

My original post is in the spam

What can I do to get i out of spam? Hope this post will be published so I can get in contact with somebody, I'm trying to get help for 2 days, and I can't post my post😒😒

EDIT: I see that this post is published, so I'm adding link to my original post: https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Pixel-3-can-not-keep-connection-to-Bose-700-N...