Participant
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

Bose 700 won’t charge

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Bose 700 won’t charge

Hi Glnumber10, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with charging your Bose 700 headphones. I'll do all I can to assist you! 

Are you using the included USB-C Charger? 

Are you running the most recent firmware version? 

Do you get any lights on headphones at all?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest,

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

1) I don’t have the charger that came with the earphones. Is a USB-C charger necessary?

I do have a 29 watt USB-C charger I can use and cabling from USB-C to the Micro USB    

on the headphones. 

2) I have no idea about how to upgrade the firmware. 

3) When I’m connected to the charger there are no lights on the headphones at all. 

I don’t have a user manual. 

Highlighted

Hi Glnumber10, 

Thank you for coming back to me. 

The headphones require a USB-C connection into the headphones to charge not a Micro USB so make sure you're using the correct cable if you do not have the original cable. 

I would recommend updating the firmware of the headphones. To do this, click the LINK HERE on a laptop or PC and follow the on-screen instructions. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

I have the same problem. 

When I keep pushed the power button on the headphones and I connect the USB cable in the right one, the blue and white light come ON for two seconds and they shut off. After that nothing 

Highlighted

Hello Lighthunter, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums.

I am sorry to hear that your headphones are not charging, and would love to help. 

To start with, can I please confirm: 

• What power source are you using to charge the headphones? 
  • Are you using the Bose provided USB-C charging cable? 
  • Is this an issue you have always had or has it just started? 

After confirming that, there are some great steps we can try with the headphones. They are: 

1. Go to http://btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software.
  2. Perform a product reset, to do this:
  • Disconnect all cables from the headphones.
  • Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on.
  • Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup.
  • Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

• I used different power sources : PC USB 3.0, Samsung Phone charger  and other sources. 
  • I'm not sure but I changed several USB-C cables that work with everything else. 
  • The issue started this morning. Everything worked well yesterday.  

Steps I tried : 

1. I tried to update, nothing happens because the headphones doesn't go ON. No update is possible. 
  2. I did perform a product reset by te procedure you provided. The blue and white LED go ON for a couple of seconds after I connected the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup. After two seconds, everything shut down again. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Highlighted

Hey Lighthunter, 

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! 

As you have tried all troubleshooting steps available and multiple power sources. The best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. I am truly sorry that there is nothing more we can do via this platform. 

You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

I hope that you get this resolved and have a good weekend.

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 27, 2020

NC700 not charging

Hi,

I've been having trouble charging my headphones for a few days now. Solutions attempted are as below:

1. Use a different cable to charge 

2. Use a different computer/ wall socket to charge

3. Reset headphones by keeping bluetooth button pressed while plugging in

4. Updating the firmware 

None of these solutions have worked. The Bose Music app detects 'headphone charging' while connected but there is no flashing light while connected (even though the headphones are connected and detected by the computer). The white charging indicator blinks 3 times and stops. There is no other functional issue and if the charge is present, the headphones work.

Is there any other step I can follow or is there a hardware issue?