Highlighted
xandershea
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

Bose 700 won't connect to cable

I recently bought the Bose 700 noise-cancelling headphones for my upcoming flight next week, and the headphones suddenly won't charge. I tried using the Bose software updater, but it won't even recognize that I plugged the headphones in. I'm using USB-C cable that came in the box, but it's not working. I've tried other USB-C cables as well, but the headphones aren't doing anything. When I press the on-button, the light flashes a white light twice, then a red light, and then they turn off again. I really need them to work before my flight, as the bose noise-cancelling headphones have always been a blessing for 8-hour-flights.

Please advise!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Bose 700 won't connect to cable

Hi xandershea,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear your headphones have stopped charging correctly.

It's good that you have tried different USB cables as well as attempting to update the firmware as these are both steps we would recommend as methods of trying to resolve an issue such as this. I would also recommend performing a reset of your headphones as well and seeing if there are any improvements after that. To do a reset you will need to:

• Disconnect all cables from your headphones.
  • Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on.
  • On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink twice.
  • Once connected to the charger, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds.

If the headphones are not immediately responsive after this process it is occasionally necessary to do these steps again to perform the reset a second time.

If we do not get any joy from performing the reset, it would definitely be worth reaching out to your local support team for further assistance. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support