Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 27, 2020

Bose 700

a couple of questions as I have just ordered these and then thought about a couple of questions.

Firstly I will have BT 5 on my laptop

Now I want to use the mic and headset on the laptop (windows10)but, with BT5 can this happen?

If that is not possible can i use the cable (which i can buy with the mic on) and also use another connection to another laptop(work)(BT) to use for conf calls?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Bose 700

Hi mbu10,

Thank you for joining us in the community!

Having Bluetooth 5 on your laptop is not something that should affect your ability to use the headphones and microphone. Whether your laptop supports the Bluetooth HSP and HFP profiles would be the part that would affect whether you are able to pair and use the microphone with the laptop.

As for trying with a cable connection for the mic. Having the audio cable does turn off the in-built microphone, but if you have an in-line mic on the cable there is no reason why you should not be able to use that. If anyone on the community has had experience of doing this with the 700 headphones, let us know how you found it! 

Let me know how you find your new headphones!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 27, 2020

Re: Bose 700

Good evening

I have returned them, there was just many problems with the head phones.

Where do I start

You cannot use them when charging as they auto power off.

They do not switch correctly from over source to another.

Connected to my laptop no audio on, not detecting a incoming call at all on the phone and refused to swop over to phone audio without going into app and switching off the laptop, or disable Bluetooth on laptop

If paired to my laptop and bring my phone anywhere near the headset they cut out completely (as when answering a text)

Noise cancelling great

Just let down by weak implementation of software management