Registered since

Jan 15, 2021

Bose 700UC with Google Meet

Bose product name 700UC

Firmware Version

1.8.2-11524+e0f7590

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Hi folks,

I acquired a Bose 700UC last month and I've never been able to use the Google Meet integration.

The USB Link dongle connects well, and does the switch from music to meetings when those starts, but I've been desperately trying to (un)mute the microphone to no avail.

In sum, I'm not seeing the value of the UC part, or it doesn't work. Has anyone been able to make it work? If so, is there any recommended configuration?

Note that my "technical details" on the Bose Music app list the device as 700NC, even though I purchased a 700UC - maybe it's a red flag, maybe not.

Thanks!

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Never

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Reset, tried all combinations of buttons

1 REPLY 1
tmsimont
Participant
Registered since

Mar 8, 2021

Re: Bose 700UC with Google Meet

I'm having the same issue.

I'm on a Macbook Pro.

When I'm running Google Meet I can see that I'm connected via the Bose USB Link. I do not have a bluetooth connection set up on this machine.

When I push the voice assistant button, I see the USB Link light blink purple, indicating that there's some kind of signal being passed in from the headphones to the OS. However, that's all that happens.

There's no response in Google Meet. It seems that the signal sent from the USB Link to the OS does not actually do anything.

This is extremely disappointing because the USB Link is advertised specifically as "certified" to work with Google Meet. This is the only reason I spent the extra money on the UC version of these headphones.

I find that overall the USB Link seems to provide no value.

Is there some additional configuration I'm missing here for Mac?