mintfudge
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 14, 2019

Bose AE2 Soundlink Sudden Windows 10 Bluetooth Problem!

I'm really distraught, and I'm hoping I can find a solution to this quickly. I've used my headphones just fine with this laptop since I bought it. However when Windows updated I had issues with missing bluetooth that I had to look into and fix. This included the making it forget it's pairings and updating Bluetooth. Unfortunately now my headphones won't pair! When I try to add a device it will pair with two other things that say "Bose AE2 Soundlink" and "LE-Bose AE2 Soundlink" but not the correct one, the "Bose AE2 Soundlink" with the headphones icon. It just says connecting until it times out and says to try again. My headphones connect just fine with other devices so I know something didn't suddenly go wrong with them. I did some research and found many people have reported similar problems in the past, and Bose even made a post about solutions people have found to work. https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/Computer-Related-Informational-Post/m-p/121144 I made sure to update my headphones, and tried the things all the posts suggested but they just won't pair. I don't understand why they did just fine before, but no longer will.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Bose AE2 Soundlink Sudden Windows 10 Bluetooth Problem!

Hello mintfudge,

Thank you for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site!

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your SoundLink Around-Ear II wireless headphones.

Have you already tried to restart the computer since the update was applied? Sometimes, something as simple as this can resolve any temporary pairing issues.

I also understand you removed the pairings from the computer, but did you ensure you removed the saved device list from the headphones? To do this, press and hold the power switch over to Bluetooth for around 10 seconds, or until you hear a beep-boop sound. Once you have done this, please try to pair once again. 

To ensure the headphones are working correctly, please attempt to pair to another device such as a smart phone to ensure a connection can be established. 

With regards to Bluetooth drivers, this isn't something that is developed by Bose and support is enabled upon first pairing of the device. If you head to the Windows Device manager, you can find the installed Bluetooth drivers, then delete the Bose-related ones to allow a fresh install if they were not automatically removed when you unpaired the headphones. 

> Device Manager > Bluetooth > Bose AE2 SoundLink (right click) > Properties > Uninstall Driver.

I hope this helps. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support 

mintfudge
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 14, 2019

Yes, I did restart, and made sure the headphones saved device list was removed. As previously stated I connected the headphones to other devices to ensure the headphones didn't suddenly break. The Bose related drivers were removed, though they reinstall when the computer pairs with the two incorrect Bose items as mentioned before. I remove them and try again. Don't understand why they paired before but now they won't after the windows update.

Hi there @mintfudge and thanks for getting back in touch!

Thank you for the troubleshooting you have tried here, and I understand your frustration here.

When Windows updates, the drivers and pathways that things take often update as well. This means that connections that worked previously may no longer connect appropriately.

There are a few things I would still suggest if you haven't tried these yet!

Firstly, I would suggest that you use the USB-A-->Micro-B cable to connect your headphones to your computer directly. When this is connected, this may prompt you to install new drivers. If this does, please do this!

While you're connected via this cable, I would also suggest that you click to go here and update the headset from our updater website.

Lastly, I would just like to check that when you use the 2.5mm-->3.5mm AUX cable, that this works and plays audio correctly? If so, does this then prompt you with any other drivers?

Please get back to me to let me know how you get on 😊.

Liam W

mintfudge
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 14, 2019

Apologies for the delay in reply.  I had already used the updater website, and it did an update. When I plug in the AUX cable to the computer the audio is just fine, no update promt. Plugging it in with USB makes the Bose AE2 Soundlink be listed under "Other devices" in the bluetooth settings but it is not paired. All I can ever seem to pair is that and the LE-Bose AE2 Soundlink and not the correct audio icon one. I noticed a few seconds after Bose AE2 Sounlink is connected via USB and listed on the Bluetooth settings page, it says "Driver Error" for a split second. Is this because the drivers don't seem to be reinstalling? Or did the windows update screw up my bluetooth drivers and that is what's causing the headphones to suddenly no longer pair with this computer.ade9749ffb3123353d0cd021ef944099.pnga1e5f007b3a28800efd01c48229abf09.png

Hello Mintfudge,

Thank you for updating us on this issue, I am very sorry to hear that this persists. 

What I would next recommend is that you go into the device manager of your computer and clear the driver settings of your Windows 10 device. 

Following this I would clear the Bluetooth pairing list of your headphones, this can be done by the following instruction: 

• Power on your product
  • Slide the Power switch up to the Bluetooth symbol and hold it until you hear Bluetooth device list cleared.

From this also continue to remove the headphones from your computer's paired Bluetooth devices list. 

Finally after performing these steps I would recommend in rebooting your computer and retesting. 

Please let us know how you get on, we would love to get this resolved for you. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M