Participant
Registered since

Nov 1, 2019

Bose AE2 replacement headband cushion

I own a Bose AE2 and have replaced the ear cushions. I now need to replace the headband cushion. Where can I find a replacement piece that is close to the original and does not wrap around the old part with a zipper? Are the AE2 and QC35 headbands interchangeable? If they are that would make things a little easier.

Thanks for the help!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Bose AE2 replacement headband cushion

Hey Teddy Frant, 

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. 

AE2 headbands are not designed to be user-replaceable. There are somewhat delicate wires that run along the band to send audio from one side to the other so we do not recommend making modifications to the headphones. If you are having issues with the product, I would recommend reaching out to local support to discuss options for service. Details can be found here

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Feb 25, 2020

My option appears to be to purchase a reconditioned replacement.  Can I send these headphones off to someplace to have the headband material replaced, at my expense?

Hey jkgatesy, 

I'm sorry but we do not replace these parts, if you book in an exchange with us you will get a brand new pair of headphones. 

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Apr 30, 2020

And how do you book an exchange?

Hey there! 

If you'd like to book an exchange you can contact local support by going to Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'.

Alternatively, you can visit our self-service portal HERE to walk through things yourself. Let me know if you have any further questions!