Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 15, 2020

Bose AE2 soundlink won't show up as audio device in bluetooth

This headphones don't show up as an audio device, will be able to connect to them, it pairs to my computer, and then it disconnects, without once showing up as an audio device.aaudiobug.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Bose AE2 soundlink won't show up as audio device in bluetooth

Author Accepted Answer selected by Loki

Loki, 

Have you tried clearing the device list on the headphones, then tried to establish a new connection? You can do this by holding the power switch over to Bluetooth for around 10 seconds. 

Once you have done this go to your device's settings and make sure the headphones are removed from the list. 

Thanks. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Hi Loki,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing connectivity issues with your computer. 

Do you have any issues connecting to any other Bluetooth device or is it just your computer this occurs with?

What make and model is your computer? 

We would love to do what we can to get this resolved for you.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 15, 2020

Hi thanks for the quick reply. My computer is a Dell inspiron 15 5000 with its updates up to date. I'm having issues connecting to most of my device, such an Apple watch and an Iphone 8.

Thanks

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Loki

Loki, 

Have you tried clearing the device list on the headphones, then tried to establish a new connection? You can do this by holding the power switch over to Bluetooth for around 10 seconds. 

Once you have done this go to your device's settings and make sure the headphones are removed from the list. 

Thanks. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 15, 2020

Hi, Thanks for the help. It turns out that even though I was removing the Bose Headphones from the windows settings, it would not delete in device manager. When I went there I could delete the headphones, and then I reconnected which was the solution.

Thanks so much