Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Bose AR 700 Not charging or powering on

Hi,

Experiencing an issue with my NC700 headphones.  They have been working fine since December, but today I charged them (charging LED flashing - indicating charging).  After taking them off charge, they are not powering on at all - There are no LED indicators.  Have tried the reset/reboot (hold Bluetooth button, insert cable, release button).  The bluetooth LED flashes VERY briefly, but no change.

Plugging it in to my Mac, shows in system report that a USB Hub has been connected. 

Hub:

Product ID: 0x4010

Vendor ID: 0x0a12  (Cambridge Silicon Radio Ltd.)

Version: 13.90

Speed: Up to 12 Mb/s

Location ID: 0x14400000 / 20

Current Available (mA): 500

Current Required (mA): 500

Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

Manual Update utility does not detect it at all.

Have tried multiple USB cables, no luck.

They DO work when plugged in to the normal headphone cable.  Almost seems like the battery has completely died 😞

Anything else I can try?

Edit:  My Wife's headphones DO work when using the same cable.  Update Utility was able to successfully detect and update her headphones.  Mac System Report shows then connected as Bose Goodyear device.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Bose AR 700 Not charging or powering on

Hi there, @MrGumby

Thank you for your post and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear fo the charging issues you are experiencing with your NC700's. I'll do what I can to point you in the right direction! 

Thank you for the in-depth troubleshooting you have tried already. At this point, you have tried everything we would recommend. I'd recommend reaching out to support directly to look into the service options for your headphones.

To do this, click HERE, select your region, and use the "Contact us" feature at the bottom of the page. If you're located within the USA, you may also be able to use our online self-service website HERE, just have your serial number to hand.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.