Highlighted
frankj
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 13, 2019

Bose Build Quality and Faults

Hi,

I'm having issues with 2 Bose products that have both been cared for and kept in their cases.  One is my Bose Sports Bluetooth Earphones, the rubber cover is coming apart and the buttons have fallen out making them unusable.  The other are by Bose QC35's that randomly say "Ready to Pair ANother Device" and then eventually say "Bluetooth Device List Cleared".  I can be watching TV and then all of a sudden the headset will loose their pairing with every device.  You can not then re-connect, you need to go into the devivce setup, remove the QC35's re-pair.  This lasts about 20mins to an hour before it happends again making them hardly useable.  I've tried a hard reset and charging with out sucess, they are at the latest firmware.  The devices used are (Macbook Pro, iPad, iPhone, AppleTV).  I've tried just leaving the headphones connected to one device at a time but still have the same issue.  For the premium paid I'd expect better quality, I don't think it's unfair to expect Bose product to operate relaibly for 3-5 years.   

1 REPLY 1

Re: Bose Build Quality and Faults

Hello frankj, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

To start with I would like to apologize that you are having these issues and would like to work with you to resolve them. 

Can I please also ask which region you are in so that I can narrow down the service options available, also it would be helpful to know if you have the SoundSport In-ear, Wireless or Free headphones? 

In regards to the QC35 issue, could you please try the following steps and let me know how you get on?

1. Go to btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software.
  2. Perform a product reset, to do this, turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds and then plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds. After that unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute once you have completed this turn the headset back on.    

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support