Bose Connect APP for Mac Computers

Silent Starter

Re: Bose Connect APP for Mac Computers

Bose Connect App for Mac - must happen!

Silent Starter

Bose, 

Please add me to the list of customers who would love to see the connect app become available for the macbook pro!!!

Audible Advocate

I spent a great deal of money on two Bose Revolve+ speakers. Using them with an IOS device is easy, but I don't have one. Every time I use them with my Macbook I need to get up and manually pair the speakers. Surely it can't be that hard to make a version of the app for the Mac operating system, to obviate this problem.

Audible Advocate

I will join this long term request for a Mac connect app .  I have two revolve + soundlink speakers that I'd love to pair as connecting them through the bluetooth on my Mac causes repeated momentary dropout that just gets annoying.  I have enjoyed the connect app on my iphone but the majority of my music is on my desktop.  With only one speaker on, the sound is great inside or outside, but when both are connected, no es bueno. 

Highlighted

Hello Geeminerva,

Thank you for reaching to us and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing.

The Connect App is manufactured to be used on mobile devices and not a laptop.

In regards to the connect app and laptops, we do not have any information on them as of yet.

I would advice using a Bluetooth adapter to connect both speakers to enable you to stream on both.

I hope this answers your question.

Kindes regards,

Prince O- Community Moderator

Audible Advocate

Thanks for getting back to me with a possible solution.  I've tried a bluetooth extender and it causes drop out on both the speakers.  Pretty annoying.  This thread started on 08-13-2017 04:24 PM.  Still no real solution from bose.    I'd love to see you create the connect app for my desktop.  It would be so helpful.  

Thanks

George Minerva

Quiet Contributor

I also want the app for Macbook pro. It does not make sense that you can't control the noise cancellation without an iOS device

Audible Advocate

wow, it helped, works great. got connected to the mac as well

@Tony_G wrote:

Hi Emily,

That's a great question. Are you aware that you can pair the Revolve speakers together for Party/Stereo mode manually without having to use the Bose connect app?  To pair your 2 revolves manually.

1. Turn both speakers on.
  2. Make sure at least one speaker is paired with your mobile device.
  3. On the speaker connected to your device, press and hold the Bluetooth and Volume + buttons simultaneously.
  4. Release the buttons when you hear “Press the Bluetooth and volume down buttons simultaneously on a second Bose device.”
  5. On the second speaker, press and hold the Bluetooth and Volume – buttons simultaneously.
  6. Release the buttons when the speaker emits a tone. After 10 seconds, you will hear “Party mode” from both speakers simultaneously. Party mode is enabled. You are now able to play audio in unison using your device.
  7. Once you are in Party Mode, press the Bluetooth and Volume + buttons simultaneously on the second speaker.
  8. Release the buttons when you hear “Stereo mode.” You will immediately hear “Left” from the left speaker and “Right” from the right speaker. Stereo mode is enabled. You are now able to play audio in stereo using your mobile device.

Hope that helped

Tony

@Tony_G wrote:

Hi Emily,

That's a great question. Are you aware that you can pair the Revolve speakers together for Party/Stereo mode manually without having to use the Bose connect app?  To pair your 2 revolves manually.

3. On the speaker connected to your device, press and hold the Bluetooth and Volume + buttons simultaneously.
  4. Release the buttons when you hear “Press the Bluetooth and volume down buttons simultaneously on a second Bose device.”
  5. On the second speaker, press and hold the Bluetooth and Volume – buttons simultaneously.
  6. Release the buttons when the speaker emits a tone. After 10 seconds, you will hear “Party mode” from both speakers simultaneously. Party mode is enabled. You are now able to play audio in unison using your device.
  7. Once you are in Party Mode, press the Bluetooth and Volume + buttons simultaneously on the second speaker.
  8. Release the buttons when you hear “Stereo mode.” You will immediately hear “Left” from the left speaker and “Right” from the right speaker. Stereo mode is enabled. You are now able to play audio in stereo using your mobile device.

Hope that helped

Tony

@Tony_G wrote:

Hi Emily,

Hope that helped

Tony

Quiet Contributor

This also worked for me to connect two SoundLink Micro speakers in party/stereo mode to my Mac. 👏

Quiet Contributor

I know this is an old topic but I would like to bump it to voice my support for the Bose Connect app for MacOS - I have several devices (iphone, ipad, 2 laptops) and while it's relatively straightforward to use the iOS app to make sure the right device is connected at any given time, it'd close the loop nicely if the app were available on MacOS (especially if I'm on my laptop and my phone and ipad are connected to the headphones and are in a different room!)