MichaelViner
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 13, 2017

Bose Connect APP for Mac Computers

Greetings Bose and Bose Community,

I recently purchased a set of Quiet Comfort35's, and was impressed to learn that two sets of Bose headphones can connect to the Iphone and share music (via Bose Music Share).  However, sadly, after much research on Google and the Bose website, I also came to the unfortunate understanding that, at present, you cannot connect two sets of Bose Headphones to the computer like you can to the Iphone.  

And thus, I am writing this Community post to get the ball rolling on the computer version of the Bose Connect App.  It would be great if the Bose headphones were "computer co-syncable," so that two people could watch a movie on Netflix or Itunes.  Given that Apple software, nor any other wireless bluetooth headphone brand allows for two bluetooth audio devices to sync to a computer at the same time, a Bose Connect app for the computer who be a huge and decisive incentive in choosing Bose over other headphone brands.  Further, it would also eliminate the need to buy and tinker with questionalbe bluetooth splitters on Amazon or elsewhere.  And, given that Bose is generally considered a/the benchmark audio brand, it would make sense that Bose technology would allow for something that other brands couldn't offer.     

Given that Bose Music Share works well on  the Iphone thru the Bose Connect app, what's the hold up in creating a Bose Connect App for a Macbook?  If the initial idea for the Music Share feature of the Bose Connect App was to allow people to share music while walking or studying together at the library, then why wouldn't we want to similarly share audio content in one of art and media's most thrilling platforms--TV/Film.  And thus I ask you BOSE:  If the Bose Connect app is in the works or on the way for computers, when might ALL of your expensive headphone owners look forward to downloading that?  

Please advise.  Thank you.

113 REPLIES 113
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Bose Connect APP for Mac Computers

Hi MichaelViner,

Thanks for joining us. I'm reading great enthusiasm in your suggestion that we make the Bose Connect app (and all its features like Music Share) available on Mac computers (OSX).

It's been an exciting day because we've had a similar request from people running Windows devices.  We're always curious to hear from customers who care enough about our products to suggest improvements. 

You wrote, "And thus I ask you BOSE:  If the Bose Connect app is in the works or on the way for computers, when might ALL of your expensive headphone owners look forward to downloading that? "

We can't comment about developments that may or may not be "in the works".  But we'll take this as a request.

For others reading along, if you have thoughts about Bose Connect running on Mac computers (OSX), please join the conversation.

Thank you.

ST

Highlighted
SHH
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 28, 2017

I second that request.

I love my QC 35s and would appreciate the kind of control the iOS app provides not just for multiple headsets, but other features as well.

Hope to see something soon!

Highlighted
scottf
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 24, 2017

Recently I got a QC35 and tonight I tried to get the Bose Connect app for my Mac. I wanted to watch Netflix in bed while my husband slept, drown out the fan, but not have complete sound blockage so I needed to change the setting to Low. That Bose had not created one was surprising; it didn't make sense. Whenever I need a rich sound experience, I go straight to Bose. I do this because they provide industry-leading sound and tech. There is a gap in the tech that needs a-fixin'.

Highlighted
nshankar
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 13, 2017

I have a Macbook Air, a Bose Bluetooth Micro Speaker and a Bose Revolve+ Bluetooth Speaker. I want to pair the 2 Bose Speakers thru my Macbook Air as I have all my music in the Macbook Air. But the Bose Connect App does not work on the Macbook Air. Could the Bose Connect App please be made compatible with Macbook Air? Thanks

Highlighted
Americanobueno
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 10, 2017

If Jobs were here, we'd all have Bose Connect for our Macs....😊
Highlighted
givehchy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 14, 2017

This is totally doable as QC35 connects to two devices at the same time. So connect to both mac and your phone, then change the noise cancellation level on your phone.
Highlighted
jimmymajed
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 26, 2017

Hello,

I second that request and would love to see the Bose Connect app available on macOS.

Best,

Jimmy

Highlighted
dcdenison
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 5, 2017

Yes, I have two pairs of Bose headphones, and would love to use them with my Apple computers! 

Highlighted
wendybendy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 28, 2017

Ha! You read enthusiasm, I read frustration. I'm soooooo frustrated tht i bought Bose, cant believe there is no Mac app, please get on it. Oh why oh why did I buy Bose