Highlighted
Gooner21
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

Bose Connect App - Stop Automatic firmware download

Hi all 

I was hit by the ANC bug with the latest 4.5.2 firmware, Support replaced the headset and I am now on 4.1.3 and everything is perfect again

Ive noticed that everytime I go into the Bose Connect app, a little bit more of the firmware starts downloading, I cant see anywhere where I can turn off this annoying feature 

Everytime I go back into the app, the firmware update download wheel icon is still there at the same point and getting closer to 100%

Ive tried all of the below: 

* resetting (5 sec power cord plug in, pull out)

* clear cache/data in the app on the phone (Samsung S9 Plus)

* Unistalling, rebooting then re-installing Bose Connct app

* running device management on the phone and clearing all old files/downloads etc

But is still donwloading at the same point and growing !!

I need to change the ANC often and also have many devices I use them with so its the only way to switch the 2 connected with one in the list I need

How can I clear the progress of the firware that keeps adding a little bit everytime I go into the app.....I dont want it to download all the way and risk accidently hitting the "update" prompt and getting stuck with the runnish ANC issues again with the latest firware upgrade (Which Bose still havent officially acknowledged is there!!) 

1 REPLY 1
Serj
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

Re: Bose Connect App - Stop Automatic firmware download

@Gooner21 wrote:

Hi all 

I was hit by the ANC bug with the latest 4.5.2 firmware, Support replaced the headset and I am now on 4.1.3 and everything is perfect again

Ive noticed that everytime I go into the Bose Connect app, a little bit more of the firmware starts downloading, I cant see anywhere where I can turn off this annoying feature 

Everytime I go back into the app, the firmware update download wheel icon is still there at the same point and getting closer to 100%

Ive tried all of the below: 

* resetting (5 sec power cord plug in, pull out)

* clear cache/data in the app on the phone (Samsung S9 Plus)

* Unistalling, rebooting then re-installing Bose Connct app

* running device management on the phone and clearing all old files/downloads etc

But is still donwloading at the same point and growing !!

I need to change the ANC often and also have many devices I use them with so its the only way to switch the 2 connected with one in the list I need

How can I clear the progress of the firware that keeps adding a little bit everytime I go into the app.....I dont want it to download all the way and risk accidently hitting the "update" prompt and getting stuck with the runnish ANC issues again with the latest firware upgrade (Which Bose still havent officially acknowledged is there!!) 

Start the app with Airplane mode turned ON, change the ANC settings, quit de Bose app (kill task), turn OFF the Airplane mode.

Unfortunately this is the only way for now, or to turn OFF WiFi and Mobile data while changing the settings (this is a workaround for the progress bar/download issue).