ssaslow
Participant
Registered since

Oct 20, 2020

Bose Connect App won't always change settings on Quiet Comfort 35 II

I just bought Quiet Comfort 35 II headphones but I'm having trouble with the Bose Connect App. A lot of times when I go to settings to either change what the action button, does or change the noise cancellation level it doesn't take the change. 

When this happens usually shutting off the headphones and turning them back on allows me to change settings but it becomes unrepsonsive once again before too long. I'm using the connect app which is the right one for this headphones and it is an android version of the app.

I have reset the headphones and it is working slightly better but I'm also not getting voice recognition telling me the change in noise cancellation settings most of the time.

7 REPLIES 7
Tegan_M

Re: Bose Connect App won't always change settings on Quiet Comfort 35 II

Hi Ssaslow,

Thanks for reaching out to the community. Very sorry to hear that you are having this experience with your new QuietComfort 35 II headphones. 

A reset was a great first step. Let's now take a look at your headphones firmware. You can check for any available firmware updates for your headphones via a computer using a USB and visiting our firmware update website btu.bose.com. Here you will be provided with full instructions.

Let us know how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
ssaslow
Participant
Registered since

Oct 20, 2020

Yes, I updated the firmware when I first got them. Tried to update through the app and it would not update correctly. Had to go to the website and plug the headphones into the computer and it updated to the latest firmware.

joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@ssaslowTry uninstalling the Bose Connect app, reinstalling it and then turn your phone off and back on.  That is about the only thing left as far as I can see.  Make sure your phone is on the latest firmware.  For example for an iphone it is iOS 14.0.1.  Let us know what phone you have.  If none of this works and Bose also runs out of ideas, then your only remaining option is to get Bose to exchange your QC35ii (assuming it is under warranty).

ssaslow
Participant
Registered since

Oct 20, 2020

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy s9 that is updated. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the app. I also tried rebooting my phone.

joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@ssaslowI can't think of anything else, perhaps Bose has another idea.  This is not a global issue - in fact, while I have not read everything here, I have not read another post describing your specific issue.  I would go for the exchange next (hopefully it is under a year old).

just thought of one other possibility to narrow it down - try doing the same thing on a Bose app from another phone (preferably an iphone).  If it works, then the problem is your phone or the app on your phone and not the QC35.  If it doesn't work, its the QC35.

ssaslow
Participant
Registered since

Oct 20, 2020

Yep we were thinking the same thing. Downloaded the app on my work iphone and haven't been able to replicate the issue on that phone. Don't know why I would have an issue with the app on my Samsung Galaxy S9 though very strange.

ssaslow
Participant
Registered since

Oct 20, 2020

To follow up I also tried the app on my wife's Galaxy s9 and it was fine, so it is just the app on MY galaxy s9 that is giving me issues. No idea why. Tried uninstalling and re-installing. rebooting phone, etc.