cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SirMacNCheese
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2020

Bose Connect Pushed Soundlink Bios to New QC 35s?

Just bought a pair of QC 35 IIs and connected them to my cell phone with the Bose Connect software.  I also happen to have a Soundlink Portable Speaker that connects with the same software.  When I connected the QC 35's, they needed a software update (no surprise), but so did the Soundlink.  After a few minutes of listening to the headphones, they stopped working.  I checked the app, and the icon for my newly added QC 35 IIs is now a picture of a Soundlink, and I can't get any audio connection to my QC 35 IIs, even with the cable.  I still have a second connection in Bose Connect that goes to my Soundlink.  It is still working fine.  Can I factory reset my QC 35 IIs?  What else could I do to get them working?  

3 REPLIES 3
Hector_B

Re: Bose Connect Pushed Soundlink Bios to New QC 35s?

Hey SirMacNCheese, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! I'm sorry to hear that you are having a very strange identity issue with your QC35 II's. 

Let's start by attempting to perform a reset on the headphones by following these steps listed here. I'd also recommend that we attempt to manually update the headphones, to do this please connect the headset to a PC/Mac via the USB charging cable. Once connected please visit our online updater and follow the on-screen instructions. 

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
SirMacNCheese
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2020

Thanks but no help.  I've tried the reset process a few times, and the headphones aren't recognized when I plug them into a USB port.  They appear to be rather brain dead.   

Hector_B

Sorry to hear this! 

Due to this, I would recommend that we explore service options for the headset. To do this please reach out to your regional customer support team via this link here, then scroll to the Contact us page to get further assistance. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!