Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Bose Connect Update- 10.0 - November 21st

connect_9.png
Starting Thursday, November 21st, 2019, a new update for the Bose Connect App (10.0) will be available through the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store. It may take up to 7 days to see the update available. 

Compatible OS versions
Android: 7 and up 
iOS: 11 and up

Official Release Notes - iOS

• Now you can sign in with your Bose ID
  • Made Accessibility improvements
  • Fixed bugs, improved the UI, and did some general cleaning up under the hood

Official Release Notes - Android

• Now you can sign in with your Bose ID
  • Added an option to enable/disable Push Notifications within the app
  • Made Accessibility improvements
  • Fixed bugs, improved the UI, and did some general cleaning up under the hood
10 REPLIES 10
WISEOLD1
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 21, 2019

Re: Bose Connect Update- 10.0 - November 21st

DID NOT WORK !!! deleted and installed current app NO CHANGE !!!!!  HELP THAT WORKS FROM BOSE WOULD BE GREAT

SteveFeinstein
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2019

What benefit do I get from logging into my Bose account?   Other than the privilege of having Bose be able to track everything I do with MY headphones?

Hi Wiseold1, 

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with your product, I'd love to help you! 

What is the issue you are experiencing? What product do you have? 

Once I know this, I'll be able to give you the most accurate information. 

@SteveFeinstein, your Bose account will allow you to personalize features for your product. You do not need to use the application but you will have reduced functionality. 

Kindest,

Jessie O - Community Support

SteveFeinstein
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2019

What specific features or benefits won't be available to me?  I created an account, I logged in, I can't see any difference in the app, or in how my QC 35 II's work.

I can only conclude that the reason to log in is to allow Bose to collect information on their customer's usage, because there seems to be no benefit to the person who owns, wears, and uses the headphones.

Lead Community Manager

Hey @SteveFeinstein 

While there are a number of benefits you get from simply having a Bose account, the primary benefit is you will be kept in the loop on all things Bose – product tips & tricks, new features, software updates, product launches, and so forth.  Many of the benefits for logging into the Bose Connect App are still to come. Our hope is to be able to deliver more personalized information and experiences to you through the Connect App based on your account. More details are to come!

In the meantime login is completely optional. Bose also takes customer data and security very seriously, and you can already disable sharing your data with Bose through your preferences in the Privacy Policy & Setting in the app.

Thanks!

Wayne M

Toerktumlare
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

As a software developer i must say that the app is a piece of hot garbage.

I have a pair of QC35 II and an iphone 11.

I usually walk around with my computer in my backpack. When i put on my headphones it connects to both my iphone and my computer (because i have them both paired). When i turn on music the app cant do something as simple to understand that the streaming sound comes from the iphone. So when i press play, the music is running on my phone but i hear nothing.

I need to EVERY TIME manually go into the app and disconnect my computer for the sound to start playing from my iphone. This is so annoying.

It has been this way on my iphone 6, on my iphone 8 and now on my iphone 11.

When will you be fixing this bug?

Implement something easy, like a priority list where i can prfioritize my devices as to what sound output i want. Or even better, make the sound sensing code actually work.

Thestud54
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 6, 2019

Get over yourself.  What a useless comment (and now so is this one).

Toerktumlare
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

BOSE themselves declare here that:

https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/switching-between-two-connected-devices-qc35.html 

Once two devices are connected:

- Pause audio on your first Bluetooth device

- Play audio on your secondBluetoothdevice

And that clearly does not work, my comment is at least not nearly as useless as you are.

luisbc92
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 27, 2019

Screaming is definitely the way to get help!