Highlighted
Laurens_K
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

Bose Headphones 700 Battery life

I have recently bought the Bose 700 Headphones and I have to say I'm really happy.
The only thing is that after charging fully for the first time, the app showed me that I had a battery life of 17.5 hours. Is this normal? Since Bose claims 20 hours, I was wondering if this is normal or that I should return to the store?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose Headphones 700 Battery life

Author Accepted Answer selected by Laurens_K

Hello Laurens_K,

Thanks for reaching out to the Bose Community. Welcome to the site! 

Battery condition occurs during the first few charges of a lithium-ion battery, so I would recommend using the headphones and charging them regularly for a few days for the battery to fully 'break in.' I would also recommend ensuring the headphones' firmware is fully up to date.

If you continue to experience unexpected battery life readings, I would recommend returning to the point of sale to seek a refund/exchange. 

I hope this helps, and I hope you enjoy your new headphones!

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

4 REPLIES 4

Author Accepted Answer selected by Laurens_K

Hello Laurens_K,

Thanks for reaching out to the Bose Community. Welcome to the site! 

Battery condition occurs during the first few charges of a lithium-ion battery, so I would recommend using the headphones and charging them regularly for a few days for the battery to fully 'break in.' I would also recommend ensuring the headphones' firmware is fully up to date.

If you continue to experience unexpected battery life readings, I would recommend returning to the point of sale to seek a refund/exchange. 

I hope this helps, and I hope you enjoy your new headphones!

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

imvasyl
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

I noticed that the battery degradation (possibly after updating the firmware). I've been using it for 2.5 months, charging twice a week, never going below 30-40%.

When I picked it up the battery indicator was never higher 19h 40mins, a week or two ago it degraded down to 19h 10mins, now it's 18h 50mins and doesn't go higher.

Is it normal?

IMG_6616.PNG

Laurens_K
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

Indeed, it got way better the last charge (19 hours & 10 minutes)!Thanks

dcdyd
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

I am using a NC700 which was produced in April 2019. RIght now, after a full charge, around 4 hours, it shows 13hrs 30min battery life. I am not sure whether it is accurate or not but if this is accurate I think that the battery will be below 50% in about three to four month. 

The firmware is the latest and I tried factory reset several times. I can't charge it to be more than 13hrs30min, 

Any advice is appreciated.