Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

Bose Headphones 700 Battery life

I have recently bought the Bose 700 Headphones and I have to say I'm really happy.
The only thing is that after charging fully for the first time, the app showed me that I had a battery life of 17.5 hours. Is this normal? Since Bose claims 20 hours, I was wondering if this is normal or that I should return to the store?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Bose Headphones 700 Battery life

Author Accepted Answer selected by Laurens_K

Hello Laurens_K,

Thanks for reaching out to the Bose Community. Welcome to the site! 

Battery condition occurs during the first few charges of a lithium-ion battery, so I would recommend using the headphones and charging them regularly for a few days for the battery to fully 'break in.' I would also recommend ensuring the headphones' firmware is fully up to date.

If you continue to experience unexpected battery life readings, I would recommend returning to the point of sale to seek a refund/exchange. 

I hope this helps, and I hope you enjoy your new headphones!

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Laurens_K

Hello Laurens_K,

Thanks for reaching out to the Bose Community. Welcome to the site! 

Battery condition occurs during the first few charges of a lithium-ion battery, so I would recommend using the headphones and charging them regularly for a few days for the battery to fully 'break in.' I would also recommend ensuring the headphones' firmware is fully up to date.

If you continue to experience unexpected battery life readings, I would recommend returning to the point of sale to seek a refund/exchange. 

I hope this helps, and I hope you enjoy your new headphones!

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

I noticed that the battery degradation (possibly after updating the firmware). I've been using it for 2.5 months, charging twice a week, never going below 30-40%.

When I picked it up the battery indicator was never higher 19h 40mins, a week or two ago it degraded down to 19h 10mins, now it's 18h 50mins and doesn't go higher.

Is it normal?

IMG_6616.PNG

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

Indeed, it got way better the last charge (19 hours & 10 minutes)!Thanks

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

I am using a NC700 which was produced in April 2019. RIght now, after a full charge, around 4 hours, it shows 13hrs 30min battery life. I am not sure whether it is accurate or not but if this is accurate I think that the battery will be below 50% in about three to four month. 

The firmware is the latest and I tried factory reset several times. I can't charge it to be more than 13hrs30min, 

Any advice is appreciated. 

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 30, 2017

Bose: 

It seems like many threads have identified that there seems to be an issue with the reported battery percentage. My headphones also never seem to charge to 20 hours. They are getting stuck at 18 hours and not charging to the full 20. I have updated the firmware and reset the headphone. Can you please let me know what Bose is doing to fix this issue?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 27, 2020

I got mine yesterday and make the very first full charging. App showed 20 h and 30 mins. I turned it off completely (all lights were gone) and put it in my bag. This morning, when I turned it on, app showed 18 h and 30 mins. Hey, where are other 2 hours?? NC 700 is already offering less battery life compared to its competitors, it is not good if it drains battery during off-period too. This will shorten real-usage time definitely. I hope it will be solved after sometime or with a firmware update.   

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 15, 2020

I have the same issue what made the battery jump up to over 19 again I am 7 weeks in and down to around the 18hrs 50 min mark was getting 20 plus a few minutes

i conditioned the battery when they were new, this has only started happening in last 2 weeks

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 15, 2020

So is the solution to return them then?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 15, 2020

I returned mine and was sent a new pair with no problems. I asked if I could purchase the bose official charging head which I received in European pin format.

I have been using this with another high-quality cable and getting around the 20 hrs for the last 2 weeks sometimes slightly under.

I just charged them using the cable they come with they started charging again from what was supposed t0 be full and now report 20 hrs 52 minutes!

I am thinking of getting the charging case to keep them safe and always charged, as they charge at such a low rate the frequent cycle top-ups should not cause any problems for a year or so which is the best you can expect from a rechargeable battery anyway, it will degrade just shouldn't do as quickly as they seem to.