infinitius
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Bose Headphones 700 unusable after updating to 1.4.12: start up prompt cut off/restart loop

Hi

Last night, I updated my bose 700 headphones to 1.4.12. Ever since, the following issues show up:

• the voice prompt on start up (battery & connections) gets cut off at some point in the middle
  • the headphones will now idle for a few seconds
  • then they shutdown and start back up (including the sounds) and everything starts from the top
  • the power on/off  button does not really work while the headphones are stuck in this loop, pressing it again and again, I succeed to turn the headphones off again once in a while

This is making the headphones unusable so it is highly disappointing. I have tried the "reset" by plugging it into the wall charger and clearing all pairings, without success.

Thank you for your assistance.

7 REPLIES 7
Tegan_M

Re: Bose Headphones 700 unusable after updating to 1.4.12: start up prompt cut off/restart loop

Hello Infinitius, 

Thanks for reaching out. I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing this after proceeding with this recent update. 

Can you try to let the battery completely drain and then perform a full charge to see if this provides any improvements?

Are any other users reading having a similar experience? Do let us know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
infinitius
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Re: Bose Headphones 700 unusable after updating to 1.4.12: start up prompt cut off/restart loop

Hi Tegan!

Thanks for getting back to me. I will give this a shot over the weekend. As they are fully charged and I can't play music, this might take a while.

infinitius
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Hi @Tegan_M 

I tried this and it unfortunately did not work.

Keith_L
Community Manager

Thanks for trying that for us infinitius. I'm sorry to hear you are still having trouble!

As that has not done the trick for you, the next thing I would recommend doing, is trying to force update the headphones to make sure the latest update has gone through correctly. You can do this on a computer with our Device Updater and following the on-screen instructions.

If you are still having any issues after doing this then I would recommend getting in touch with your local support team, as they will be able to help you resolve this issue. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how you get on!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
matttttt
Participant
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Hi Keith, can you describe how to force update the headphones?

This would be extremely helpful, but it's not obvious in the updater where to go to force it to update if it thinks the headphones are already on the right version.

Jessie_O

Hi @matttttt,

Thanks for your query! 

If the option is available for your headset then the updater will tell you. If you are not able to do this, not to worry, one of our agents will be more than happy to assist you! Reach out to the team using the details @Keith_L has given above. 

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
infinitius
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Hi @Jessie_O 

Thanks for the reply! For me, there is no option to update it. It just says that everything is already up to date.

Edit: I am getting shipped a replacement. Weird, considering this is quite obviously a software issue...