RyCoates27
Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2020

Bose Headphones Buzzing Issue

(first time doing this so not really sure where to ask for help or what to do, pls bear with me)

Ive had this pair of Bose QuietComfort 35 II for about 2-3 months now. They normally work perfectly, but earlier today I started to hear a low buzzing noise in the headphones, both ears. I tried playing around with things, but only figured out that it only buzzes when My MacBook Pro is charging. Ive had the laptop for about 4 years. Not sure why this is happening and not really sure how to solve/fix the problem. Would really appreciate anyones help or feedback! 

Ryan 

7 REPLIES 7
Charlotte_G

Re: Bose Headphones Buzzing Issue

Hey @RyCoates27,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community.

It's a shame that you've started to experience this buzzing noise with your QuietComfort 35 II headphones. 

How do you have them connected to your MacBook Pro? Bluetooth or the audio cable?

Could you please also try plugging in your laptop from a different circuit? 

This is most likely to happen with any headphones that you connect and not limited to your Bose headphones. To be sure, do you have any other headphones you could test this with?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
RyCoates27
Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2020

Hi @Charlotte_G 

Yes, this issue is when my Bose headphones are plugged into my MacBook Pro with the Audio Cable. When I'm using my Bose Headphone on Bluetooth mode, the buzzing is not an issue (atleast not yet). I usually just use my headphones plugged in cause I forget to charge the headphones. 

My MacBook charger is plugged into a Surge Protector, I changed slots but still getting the low buzzing. I noticed that when my hands were on my laptop, the buzzing seems to disappear, but when I move them away, it comes back. Not sure what that means

Yea, I have another pair of "working headphones" (only 1 ear works, bluetooth straight up dead). When those were plugged in, I didn't have any sort of buzzing sound. 

Tegan_M

Thanks for confirming this.

I would suggest you reboot both your headphones and your MacBook. Instruction on how to do this can be found below.

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

Following this, check for any available firmware updates for your headphones. This can be done via a computer using a USB and visiting our firmware update website btu.bose.com, which will provide you with full instructions.

Do let us know how you get on.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
RyCoates27
Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2020

Hi @Tegan_M 

I just rebooted my headphones and my MacBook. I followed your instructions below, and completed the firmware update as instructed. I I tested my Headphones to see if the issue was still there.

Wireless Bluetooth: All good, no buzzing

Headphones Plugged into computer (laptop not charging): All Good, No Buzzing

Headphones Plugged into computer (laptop is charging): Buzzing was still there

Tegan_M

I am sorry to hear this persists!

Is your computer up to date with the latest software?

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
RyCoates27
Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2020

Yes my MacBook is all up to date. 

RyCoates27
Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2020

@Tegan_M and @Charlotte_G I just wanted to let you know that my problem was solved! My laptop charger was actually pretty messed up. The wires apparently got wet and was getting corroded. I ended up getting a new charger, and the headphone buzzing has disappeared!

Thank you both for your help and suggestions earlier on how to fix the problem. Happy to know its not the headphones and was something else entirely. Problem solved!