Highlighted
davidylin
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

Bose Music App/Bose NC 700 - App Frequently Cannot "Connect" to Paired, Connected Headphones

So I'm listening to music with my new Bose 700 headphones that are connected via Bluetooth to my phone and I want to make a small adjustment to the noise cancelling.

I open the Bose Music app on the phone and I'm looking at the My Bose page with my headphones that say "Connect >" underneath - I tap connect and it says it's trying.

But nothing. This happens 3 out of every 4 times. The headphones are already connected to my phone via Bluetooth. I am actively listening to music. But the APP can't connect to my phone - super frustrating. I'd like to think that the build quality of Bose is high, but having dealt with the software, I'm left to wonder sometimes...

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Bose Music App/Bose NC 700 - App Frequently Cannot "Connect" to Paired, Connected Headphones

Hello davidylin,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! That's very strange indeed, I am sorry that this is happening. We can go through some troubleshooting to try to et this resolve for you, firstly I recommend rebooting the Bose Music app and making sure that you have the latest firmware. 

I would also recommend resetting the headphones, you can do this by following the steps below:

1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  4. Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

davidylin
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

Re: Bose Music App/Bose NC 700 - App Frequently Cannot "Connect" to Paired, Connected Head

I should mention that this has been a persistent issue over the last month and a half, during which I have reset and reconnected my headphones at least 3 times, replaced them from my retailer when the right earcup developed its own electronic growling noise, and still experience the same difficulties with the app "connecting" to the headphones. Pixel 3. If I mess with it, close/reopen app, reboot phone, turn headphones on/off, eventually I can get the app to recognize the headphones. To that end: WHY? It's paired to my phone and is actively connected. Why wouldn't the app be able to connect?

David

Re: Bose Music App/Bose NC 700 - App Frequently Cannot "Connect" to Paired, Connected Head

Hello davidylin,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I understand your frustration as if the headphones are able to connect to the phone it would seem logical that they would b able to connect to the app. Could you please check to make sure that the Bose Music app and your phone firmware is up to date? I recommend also trying to connect the headphones on another device with the Bose Music app to see if you encounter the same issue. 

Please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

davidylin
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

They are up to date (1.1.4). I have no other Android or iOS device to try. Although I will say that I don't have any issue with other Bluetooth devices.

Hello davidylin,

Okay thank you for checking the firmware, the most up to date firmware for the Bose Music app is v2.4.3 which was released on the 8th of October. That's a shame that you do not have another device to test the app on as the headphones connect via Bluetooth perfectly well it's the app connectivity on your phone we need to test. Is there a family member or friend with aa device you might be able to test the app on? I also recommend making sure that the app is updated to v2.4.3.

I hope this helps, I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

davidylin
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

The app is up to date as well.

Hello davidylin,

Thanks for checking that, moving forward I think we should try clearing the pairing list of the headphones and the pairing list of your phone while also deleting and re-downloading the Bose Music app so it is all fresh connections. 

To clear the headset memory of previously paired Bluetooth® devices:

• Power on your headset, then press and hold the Power/Bluetooth on the right earcup for about 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared."

I would also recommend checking if a family member or friend can test the Bose Music app with your headphones. 

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe  C