Highlighted
millerk1981
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 6, 2017

Re: Bose Music App Update - 2 December 2019

So the app update is via server update as the app is updated on my family member IOS device and my Pixel 4.  The problem is the Android version has not been fixed to work with the phone meaning I am unable to connect the app without having to constantly reboot by phone.  That being said I'm not certain that this is a Bose or Android issue.  I have tried using the app on my Pixel 3 and 4 resulting in the same issue.  The app works not perfectly but more consistently on the IOS device.  I don't understand why Bose had to put out another app when the Bose Connect app works perfectly fine and added the option to share music through the headphones.  The QC 35II worked fine with the app but was horrible with Google Assist.  I don't understand why can't Bose or Bowers and Wilkins address the issue with their apps and or with Google. 

The Bowers and Wilkins PX7 app has the exact same issue.  On both headphones I did every troubleshooting step including returned and exchanged both sets of headphones only to be left with the same issue.  This is really annoying and frustrating.  We all spent good money for products to work unfortunately at this time it seems nothing can be done.  I don't know what coding Bose used with the app but whatever it is they need to look at what has changed compared with the Bose connect app or revert back to that app for headphone usage.

With the Sony WH-1000XM3 the app worked flawlessly on all devices.  C'mon Bose resolve this issue already.  

Highlighted
jmforme3
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 17, 2019

I was all set to purchase a pair of these headphones, but have decided not to as a result of my research showing that so many people are having problems with the software. Just FYI Bose - a missed opportunity.

Highlighted
iSuck S
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 14, 2019

srsly mate don't buy. Stay away from bose. If you can - wait for the sony xm1000m4, if not buy the 3, cheaper and better. I only bought the bose because of the ability of 2 devices connected at the same time. But turns out it doesnt work: If connected to my PC and android phone at the same time I always have a crackling sound, and i couldn't find a solution to it. Bose itself doesnt do anything about it. 

Highlighted
SayMoon
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 2, 2019

PLEASE

GET

THE

FREAKING

CONNECTION

TO NCH700

WORKING

This is a total disaster! DO YOU KNOW IT?

It's ben MONTHS people complain about this.

And to me it seems even worse after the last update.

Don't even bother to write "try resetting"! THAT'S NO HELP! Did NOT work for me and for anyone else.

Highlighted
Ericrabe
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

As of tonight DEC. 27, 2019, the Bose Music app still cannot connect using iPhone 11 and 700 headphones.   Messages vary but essentially all say that the app cannot find, connect or log on.  Talked to tech support lady who promised to call back and didn’t.  I’m astonished to find that this problem has been reported here for a month or so and still no fix from Bose.   (Headphones are ok and connect wirelessly to my devices.  The app is simply unavailable.)

Highlighted
drops77
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

Re: Bose Music App Update - 2 January 2020

yall just replaced the old post with the new post instead of making a new post? Also we want an equalizer!

Highlighted
recurve
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

I recently bought these headphones, and didn't really have any issues connecting it. Apparently when I first connected them to my phone via the bose music app, it didn't actually set up correctly, because today I looked at the bose music app and found that the headset wasn't in the list.

I connected the headset, and it immediately started a firmware update, and ever since the left side keeps playing a very quiet sound, which sounds like a very light popping noise, similar to if you were to adjust your headphones or when you put ear cleaning fluid in your ears.

This is super annoying, how do I fix it?

Highlighted
G-Force666
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

I will return me 700 today like many others already did. I really wanted to like them desperately. Here's whats really missing:

- clamping headband hurting within minutes of use

- no eq settings though requested by users for months

- botched bluetooth codec from beginning

- insufficient bluetooth codecs no AptX or LDAC

- the headband consisting of silicone is dissolving fast and even leaving stains on table and other items only cleanable with aggressive special cleaners

- headphone not foldable

- headphone sliders cannot be fixed properly

I owned several Bose products over the last few years and I am really sad that this company is obviously on the road to ruin. 

Highlighted
Matu
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 14, 2020

So I am on app version 3.0.2 on a Oneplus 6 and the app connection keeps dropping out ALL THE TIME. Guess I should return mine as well. 

shastad1981
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 17, 2020

Auto- off

I really dislike the fact that the headphones have a motion sensor and shut off after 10 min of non movement. I want to use these for meditation and sometimes I am so still they cut off right in the middle of my meditation and ruins it. I also wanted them to sleep with and after dozing off they cut off and wake be back up. I wish I would have known about this feature prior to purchase! I'm very disappointed that this feature cannot be disabled! Want to return but it's passed my 15 days to return. Everything else is great about these headphones. Just disappointed the engineers did not consider this when making these. Please if there is a way to disable this feature let me know!