Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 5, 2020

Re: Bose Music App Update - Updated 3.17

Android 3.2.5 Music app updated today (second update this week) and after a few hours of use I'm noticing that connections appear to be much more stable. Not 100 percent perfect,  but much better than previous versions which were incredibly aggravating. The two times it's lost connection, the app reconnected on its own, no input on my part.  Just some positive feedback for the developers. 

I've not played with the shortcut or the assistant settings since having Alexa available to me isn't an important feature.  

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 6, 2020

What about iOS? With my experience, my headphones don't pair to the app on my iPhone 7. When they'd connect to a device I wouldn't want it to connect to, I wouldn't be able to load the sources menu to disconnect them, meaning whoever was streaming music to their Bluetooth device, were now streaming it to my headphones. Absolute disaster and for £350 I think its totally unacceptable. I get that everyone is on lockdown and not much can be done about it now, but I think that the Music App really needs to be updated, and Bose's engineering and product development teams really should be focusing on the NC700's right now.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 16, 2020

on the front page of the 700NC website it says

"Bose Headphones 700 gives you two options when it comes to audio EQ: Do nothing and the bass, midrange, and treble of whatever you're listening to will be adjusted automatically to make it sound great — or choose “Equalizer” in the settings of the Bose Music app to change the audio levels yourself to however you like them best."

I'm using the app on iphone 10 and can't find this setting.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 20, 2020

I just got my 700's last week; was very excited as felt it was the last piece to making working from home manageable. 

I have been nothing but disappointed and frustrated. So pissed off that I live in a world that I pay almost $400 for something that just doesn't work. Why Bose has not fixed the connection problems to their stupid app is beyond me. I've tried all the little tricks mentioned on all the forums to get the **bleep** things to connect to my iPhone, but no luck. So now I have a pair of ridiculously priced headphones that I can't even use to its full function. The only thing stopping me from returning the stupid things is that the store is an hour away. Wish I didn't hand off my ipods to my son. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

Re: Bose Music App Update - Updated 3.27

I just got off the phone with tech support.  I have:

1. the Bose NC 700 HP that I bought late 12/19

2. Iphone XS 13.3.1

3. Bose Connect App and Bose Music App

Even though I my headphones can connect to my iPhone to make a call, my Bose Music App on my iPhone fails to connect to my headphones.  How annoying!  I think the Headphones are having a bluetooth connection management problem, because I think if my headphones are only paired to one device the app would occasionally be able to connect to my iPhone.

Support said they are working on updating the app but didn't know when an update would be out.

I am so frustrated because:

1. I spent extra money on buying what I assumed to be a premium product that not only has issues, but the issues appear to be a result of bad quality control

2. I had created a Bose account shortly after I bought my headphones to register them in late 12/19 or early 1/20, but when I logged in today to get tech support, my account had no record of my registration.  

3. I would think that these headphones should have an option to switch devices without having to use the app. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

You can connect to the Music app?

I just bought mine 3 days ago and love the sound of them, but when I turned them off for the evening and then back on, they won't connect to the app. I've tried everything. They're going back to the store today.

When I did connect to the app, there was no equalizer setting. I wish there was because I need to roll some bass off of the sound.

I really, really wanted to keep these but can't wait for a new update.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 28, 2020

I received my NC 700's on Tuesday and am very pleased with them. So far linked them to iPhone 7 13.4.1, MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017) 10.15.4,  iPad and LG C9 TV.

The most common pairing I have setup is Spotify/ Cisco Webex/Teams on the MacBook Pro  and telephone calls on the iPhone 7. This seems to work very well for me. When switching sources I use the Bose Music app.

The only issue I have is that Bose Music on iOS sometimes fails to connect to the NC 700's. A force quit and relaunch of the app seems to work.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 4, 2020

I just bought noise cancelling 700s and I love them but I have one problem... the app gives me no option to turn the bass up... and that is super disappointing although the audio is great the bass is super low. This is a deal breaker for me. I hope you Guys come out with something in the app to adjust the bass 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 9, 2020

I see that this  quoted information has now been removed from the website. Now no  mention of an equalizer at all. How more  bizarre can this all get?

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

May 4, 2020

It is very annoying to constantly lose the connection to the Music app.  I've just purchased the NC 700. Therefore, I'm trying to learn more about the app and its functions. But, every period away from the app means the NC 700 will disconnect from the app and annoying to reconnect.  I'm using ios 13.4.1.