Lead Community Manager

Bose Music App Update

bose music.jfif

Starting on February 12th, a new update for the Bose Music App will be available through the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store. This update will be rolled-out in stages starting Feb 12th to anyone that has auto-updates enabled. Those that wish to have the update immediately can go to the app stores and download manually, and those downloading for the first time will get the new app.

Version Information:

• iOS: 3.1.6
  • Android: 3.1.7 

Release Notes

App

• A few tweaks and fine-tuning to make the app more stable and less buggy.
  • Improved “Add a Product” screens

Smart Home Speakers and Soundbars

• You can now control the individual volume of the Bluetooth speaker that is in a SimpleSync group within the Bose Music app.
  • Minor Bug Fixes:
    • Fix pairing status displayed in Bose Music App when NC700 is grouped to Soundbar 500/700 and soundbars are on Ethernet connection
    • Improve Bluetooth pairing popup behavior in Bose Music App on Android devices

OS Compatibility:

IOS: 10.3.3+

Android: 5.1+

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
sambouwer
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 17, 2020

Re: Bose Music App Update

Hi Wayne, that's great! Hopefully it solves the connection issues with my HP700. Do you happen to have any information on the roadmap for the HP700 firmware? There are quite some issues with the current version, and there are quite a lot of feature requests posted on the forum. Kind regards, Sam 

Highlighted
Ayden Mudge
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 11, 2020

@Wayne_M Hi, so I bought the bose 700 NC's a few days ago. they came with the firmware version previous to 1.3.1 and were working great! when I got back to my house after purchasing them I noticed that the Bose app wanted to update the headphones. so I was like sure go ahead. After the updated I noticed two main issues.

1. Random high pitched squeaking after pausing music or any audio playback on my device

2. The noise cancelling stopped working. I started hearing the headphones try to cancel sound that wasnt even in my enviroment. 

If I can get an reply or some update on whats happening to fix these issues I'm planning on keeping my product. Otherwise if theres gonna be radio silence for another two months about this issue I will return them in a few days.

Thanks.

Highlighted

Hi Ayden Mudge, 

Thank you for your post! 

I'm sorry to hear that you seem to be experiencing some issues with your NC700 headphones. This is not what we would expect from this product. I will do everything I can to assist you!

I would recommend resetting your headphones to start with. I have included a LINK HERE to assist you with how to do this.

Let me know how you get on! 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Ayden Mudge
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 11, 2020

I've tried resetting both the headphones and the device I'm connecting them too. I've also tried connecting the headphones to other devices. Nothing seems to help. I'm almost positive the cause of this is the latest firmware update.

Highlighted

I see. 

Thank you for updating me with this information. 

Can you tell me how you updated the headphone?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Ayden Mudge
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 11, 2020

I used the Bose music app to do so. Halfway through the update it stopped though. For some reason later that day it asked to update again but this time it did it through google services. So maybe a reinstall of the firmware might fix something. But I tried using Bose's computer application to do so and it didn't see my headphones even though they were plugged into the computer.

Highlighted

That's great. Thank you! 

It does sound like there is an issue with your headset. I would recommend getting in contact with your local technical support team. To do this, click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. One of our agents will be more than happy to assist you!

If you need anything else, please reach out again!

Highlighted
Ayden Mudge
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 11, 2020

I'm way too remote to find a location. I might just return the headphones from where I bought them and see if new one's don't break with the firmware update. I'm pretty sure lot's of other people are having problems with the new firmware update. So if you could look into the latest firmware update thread on the forums that would be much appreciated. 

Highlighted
Daddyburns
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 29, 2019

Hey

i’m assuming this app works for the QC35s?

I’ve downloaded and gone to headphones but it doesn’t t recognise my cans

cheers

DB