Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2020

Bose Music App and headphones original set up not functioning.

PROBLEM:                The initial connection between the Bose Music App and headphones is not  functioning.   “Oops! Something went wrong.  We had trouble establishing an initial connection with your product.

SUMMARY:               After resetting the Headphones & USB Link to the factory defaults, I was able to finally pair up my Bluetooth to the iPhone 7plus. 

SOLUTION:               I requested replacement from Bose.  This is now the second set of Bose NC 700 UC headphones that I have received since November 10, 2020. I am hoping third set scheduled to arrive on November 24 performs correctly.

Bose product name NC 700 UC (852267-0100)

Country USA

Firmware Version

(USB Link V0074)

App Version

(4.1.1)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

(iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13.5.1)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

HOW I GOT THERE:

STEP 1           Open Bose Music App Version 4.1.1    

STEP 2           Select “Set up New Product”

STEP 3          Select “Headphones & Frames”

STEP 4          The Bose Music App did located – BOSE NC 700 HP.    

STEP 5          I pressed CONNECT    

STEP 6           Message received:   “Oops! Something went wrong.  We had trouble establishing an initial connection with your product.        

What environment do you experience the issue in?

(Home Office 35 dB, A Weighted)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?  

This replacement product has never worked correctly since it arrive on November 17, 2020.  The original (first product) arrived on November 10, 2020.  Bose issued this replacement which arrived on November 17, 2020. Same results.  Very disappointed in the product.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Reset the headphones, updated firmware on USB Link.

Deleted Bose NC700 HP from Bluetooth, reboot phone, reconnect Bose NC700 HP with Bluetooth

Deleted Bose Music App, reboot phone, reload app. (This was completed while the USB Link with updated firmware was connected to my laptop.).

Deleted Bose Music App, reboot phone, reload app. (I removed the USB link from laptop when I performed this troubleshooting step).

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2020

Re: Bose Music App and headphones original set up not functioning.

SUBJECT: Bose Music App and headphones original set up not functioning.

PROBLEM: The initial connection between the Bose Music App and headphones is not functioning. “Oops! Something went wrong. We had trouble establishing an initial connection with your
SOLUTION:

1. Deleted Bose Music App.
2. I requested replacement from Bose. The 1st replacement arrived, and I experienced the same problem. Bose sent out a 2nd replacement which arrived on November 24, 2020. This is now the third pair of Bose NC 700 UC headphones that I have received since November 10, 2020.
3. This replacement works great and syncs up correctly.
4. Interesting fact, upon powering up the headphones, the message being heard through the headphones instructed me to load the Bose Music App.
5. A new Bose Music App was loaded, and the app was able to find the Bose NC 700 UC headphones. Again, I was using my iPhone 7plus. The Bose Music App displayed a spinning wheel with a message indicating TRANSFERING UPDATE. (This took 40-50 minute using high speed WIFI).

ON GOING PROBLEM WHICH, I HAVE IDENTIFIED IN DIFFERENT THREAD:
SUBJECT: Not able to use the internal MIC of the Bose NC700 UC on a ZOOM meeting in conjunction USB Link
SUMMARY: When using the internal microphone of the Bose NC700 UC headphones for a ZOOM call and connected via with the Bose USB link, I hear Dial Tone.