Highlighted
guru88
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Bose Music App requires location to connect to Headphones 700

Hello .. I recently bought the Bose 700 and tried to pair with my android phone (pixel). It requires the location to be turned on to connect. Why would you need the location to turn on Bluetooth Connection?  I am more concerned about battery life. Android users keep their phone customized and most of them keep their locations switched off. Forcing users to turn on location for bluetooth makes no sense.. (i dont care about privacy and bose not storing location information and  all .. so please dont reply with those answers). 

Also everytime I switch the app, the app loses connection with my headphones and it requires me to turn on location to reconnect. 

Please fix your app so that it doesnt require location to connect to my phone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose Music App requires location to connect to Headphones 700

Author Accepted Answer selected by guru88

Hello guru88, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I appreciate your concerns and I hope that I can clarify things for you. 

This is not a decision down to Bose. It is a requirement by Google, for Android devices running Android 6.0 and above, that any apps using Bluetooth Low Energy (which is required with the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 and the Bose Music app) must accept permissions for location services.

A statement made by Android developers can be found HERE.

Please do let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to help.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

1 REPLY 1

Re: Bose Music App requires location to connect to Headphones 700

Author Accepted Answer selected by guru88

Hello guru88, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I appreciate your concerns and I hope that I can clarify things for you. 

This is not a decision down to Bose. It is a requirement by Google, for Android devices running Android 6.0 and above, that any apps using Bluetooth Low Energy (which is required with the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 and the Bose Music app) must accept permissions for location services.

A statement made by Android developers can be found HERE.

Please do let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to help.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support