Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2019

Bose Music App - unable to login

I just received my Bose 700 noise canceling headphones but am unable to login to the Bose Music App.  I've never used the app before so I followed the instructions:

1. Downloaded from Play Store (I have a Samsung S9+)
  2. Started up the app and created a userid and password
  3. App locks up and doesn't respond or tell me the creation of a userid and password was successful. All I see is a spinning donut at the bottom of the screen (see attached screenshot)Screenshot_20191121-173345_Bose Music.jpg
  4. I'm able to login to the Bose website using my userid and password so I know they are correct. 
  5. Anytime I try to log into the app it locks up (again, see screenshot above).

Is anyone else having this problem?  I've tried removing and re-installing the app but the problem continues to occur.  Apparently the headphones are configured using the app. I'm going to have to return the headphones if the app doesn't work. 

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted

Re: Bose Music App - unable to login

Hello Bazzz, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

This does certainly seem strange, let's see if we can get this resolved. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app was a great start. 

Can you please try updating the firmware on your phone. After that, please also try setting your default browser to Chrome temporarily and see if this will allow you to log in? 

To set Chrome as your default web browser:

1. On your Android, find Google settings in one of these places (depending on your device):
    • Open your device's settings app. Scroll down and select Google.
    • Open a separate app called 'Google Settings'.
  2. Tap Apps.
  3. Open your default apps:
    • In the top-right, tap Settings. Under 'Default', tap the 'Browser' app.
    • Tap Advanced > Default apps > Browser app.
  4. Tap Chrome.

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2019

My phone is up to date.

I tried setting Chrome as my default browser (I normally use Firefox as my default).

Same issue: login with userid and password, the login screen minimizes and a spinning donut appears in the bottom center of the screen.  Nothing else ever happens.

Highlighted

Hey Bazz, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I am sorry it has taken us a while to get back to you. As it has been a few days, I would just like to confirm if you are still having this issue before we take this further? 

I look forward to your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2019

Just checked - problem is still happening.  I am unable to login.

Apparently you cannot maximize noise canceling without the app so I may need to return the headphones.  It's a shame since I really like them (Bose 700 Noise Canceling Headphones).

Highlighted

Hi @Bazzz,

I am sorry to hear you're still having an issue accessing your Bose ID account.

I see you've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Bose Music app - have you tried creating your Bose ID again? It may have not gone through successfully that first time. 

Also, the details used for the Bose Website may be separate from the Bose Music app and may not be related to each other. Try the account creation again and let us know if you're still faced with a spinning wheel.

Warm regards,

Sam F

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 22, 2020

I assume there was never a solution to this? 

I have a OnePlus 7 Pro and get the same behaviour as this poster. I've spent hundreds of pounds on Bose kit that I can't use properly because your app won't even sign in, never-mind work properly.

Yes my phone is up to date, yes my default browser is chrome, yes I have wasted my own time re-installing the app and no, as a customer I shouldn't have to worry about any of these things. I have tried with my phone connected to the internet via WiFi and mobile. 

My account created successfully - the evidence is that I'm using it to make this post (though truthfully it took me about 6 attempts to log in successfully on the website as well). 

Please fix your appalling software.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 22, 2020

Same issue here. Just spinning forever. First 

Bose forces users to use an app where you have to "sign in", which is ridiculous enough already and then the software does not even work??? Shame on you Bose, shame on you. 

Also reading the solution suggestions above, are you kidding me? 

Why shoud I use Chrome? I do not use Chrome and I won't. I installed an app from the appstore and I expect it to work and not depend on even more crap from app store.

You either fix it, or the Headphones go back to retailer with my honest review - headphones are good, software is a joke, and since its mandatory, the package does not work. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 1, 2020

Same to me!

I promised not to buy Bose products anymore but I did it today and first of all I had this issue. I cannot login to any Bose app at all. How should I update my headphones firmware now?

Hate you Bose!

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 16, 2017

I spent a half of day to resolve this issue I discovered that AdAway blocks authorisation request 🙂

Check the same apps which can filter traffic 😉