Highlighted
Al_S142
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

Bose Music App update to improve iPhone reliability with NC700

The NC 700 headphones are amazing!  

One major flaw in the rollout is the Bose Music App which seems quite unstable with the iPhone.  Slow to connect, constantly asking you to re-enter your Bose ID & password, sometimes connecting to the headphones and sometimes not and then sometimes dropping the connection.  

I reported this to Bose Support today and I have seen others having this issue on the internet.

Will Bose be releasing an update to the iOS Bose Music App soon?

21 REPLIES 21
klfpaleo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

Re: Bose Music App update to improve iPhone reliability with NC700

I bought the Bose 700 headphones about a month ago and had no problem linking to an iPhone 6, but I just upgraded to the iPhone X. Being that the X has been out for some time now, I'm really surprised Bose hasn't already fixed the linking problem. I do hope their solution will be imminent. 

vbmocd
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

I have the exact same issue using NC700 with the Bose Music app on my iPhone XS. I literally had to sign in twice so far today... Given up using the app for now.

Al_S142
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

I am using an iPhone XS.  Interesting to know that it was not across all iPhone models. 

Al_S142
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

Sometimes if you just wait and sit in the app it suddenly makes the connection 2 minutes later.  A buggy app for sure...

Onymar
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 13, 2019

Same issue as OP. Extremely unstable on an iPhone XS with latest iOS. 

Have had to re-pair to APP on several occasions since UK release. 

DW177
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 13, 2019

I experienced the following but not sure if it was related to the new firmware update on the headphones.

1. connected both iPhone XS and iPad Pro to the music app ok after first setting up headphones
  2. installed the firmware update
  3. changed the automatic power off for the headphones to 5mins in the app and changed headphone name
  4. cleared the device list from the headphones... this is where my issues started. 

I am am now unable to reconnnect to the headphones on either the iPhone or iPad in the app. 

THE ISSUE

my headphones now still retain the 5min power off after no use and I cannot connect to the music app to change this. The problem manifested on a transatlantic flight as the headphones power off after 5mins of no use which means if I want to sleep and block out the noise no luck

Hello DW177 & everyone,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the Bose Music app. Have you tried any of the troubleshooting suggested in this thread?

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on.

Kindest regards, 

Zoe C - Community Support 

Al_S142
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

Thanks for your message. I have tried to:

• Remove/Unpair my NC700 headphone from all devices 
  • Clear my pair list on Headphones. 
  • Open Music app and start headset. Select the product and choose your headphone 

This allows me to reconnect but the issue is that once I turn off my headphones then I am back to square zero where the app is asking me to log in again (not every time but 50-75% of the time). The software should never be this difficult.  Bose Connect worked like a champ and was rock solid just like the Sony and Jabra music apps do. Bose needs to fix the app as this is damaging the headphones image with the Apple Xs community which is a shame given that these are the best ANC headphones in the market.

Need an app fix!

DW177
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 13, 2019

So following on from my earlier post. 

I tried using sing app on my girlfriends samsung S7 and it connected fine. I was able to then adjust the power off setting so my immediate issue with it turning off after 5min is fixed. 

Still unable to to connect to iPhone XS or iPad despite following the trouble shooting guide by Bose... so the issue appears to be app related