Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 4, 2020

Bose Music app won't let me log in

The Bose Music app for Android doesn't let me log in, I am prompted with 'Hmm... Something went wrong when we tried to sign you in. Try again later."

I uninstalled the app, I removed cache and storage, same issue. I did not change anything in the app. Please help me fix this - attached a screen recording: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14I69D6DZMSL_iEzpa3Pk4dirfjMvCjng/view

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted

Re: Bose Music app won't let me log in

Hi realsherbs!

Thanks for posting and welcome!

Thank you for providing that video as well, it's really useful to be able to see exactly what is happening.

It's strange that the app is not even going to the login page at all when you tap on it. Does it do the same thing if you select the "create Bose ID" option as well? 

From the video it does look like you have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app already, have you also tried rebooting your phone? If not I would definitely recommend doing so and then try logging in again.

The other thing to try while logging in is doing so on Wi-Fi and on your mobile data. Does it do the same thing with both methods of connecting to the internet? 

Let me know as I'd love to get to the bottom of this with you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

I am having the same issue, I have been trying all week, and nothing seems to work. I could connect with the Bose Connect app, but the music will not connect. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 22, 2018

I'm having the exact problem. looked all over the internet for an answer... nothing yet. 

Thank you for uploading the video of the problem. It better illustrate the issue. Hopefully we will get a solution soon.

Trying to setup a new Sounbar 700, Omni Jewell speakers and Base module.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 22, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestions for troubleshooting.

I've tried,

Phone wiFi On, Off.

Soundbar off and unplugged.

Turned phone off, waited three minutes, turn on, waited for full reboot. 

in addition of what others tried above.

On "myAccount" from Bose.com I've notice that it will sometimes show all my Bose equipment once I've logged in and other times it does not even show my email. Even do Im getting in.

Frustrating!!! specially at the price of the equipment. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2020

Same issue here. Would love resolution. If a device requires an app, it is important that the app is reliable. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2020

Same issue here....just bought 700 series headphones at over $500 and the app won't let me login, really Bose?

Out of the box you can't set up your headphones? You have to fix this!!!!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

I am having the exact same problem. I've had a functional Bose account on my Bose music app for months. I just received a brand new replacement NC700 from Bose and I cant even log in to the app to activate my new replacement NC700.

I even attempted to create a new Bose account...and after entering my new credentials with a new email address, I got the same error when the app tried to create the account.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2020

I managed to work around this issue by installing an old build of Bose Music (2.2.3), signing in, then updating via the Play Store.

But as a software engineer, this kind of user experience is unacceptable. You should have enough QA / testing to verify that new users are at least able to sign in / create an account. If you are unable to maintain this kind of service, you should not require an account as was the case in the past. It is very frustrating to get a new product and spend 45 min of my life trying to figure out how to make an account and sign in.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Confirming method @ftr posted above. Installed the older v2.2.3 Bose Music app and I was able to immediately log into my original Bose account without any problems. Activated my NC700. Then updated the Bose app to current version.

Bose QA and support responsiveness leaves a lot to be desired.