Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yervand Stepanyan
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 11, 2020

Bose NC 700 Battery life issue even after Update to 1.5.1

Hi,

I have updated my Headphones firmware to 1.5.1 version, but the Battery life announcement issue still exists.

Couple of times Ih tried to Reset the Headphones as mentioned in other Post answers as a solution, but the Reseting also does not help.

How can I finally have this issue fixed?

Thanks in advance.

15 REPLIES 15
JD42
Participant
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

Bose NC 700 Battery issue

Looking for answers to why my new pair (Dec 25) of NC 700 headphones only have 9 hours of battery time at less than a month old.. I fully charged them with a 5w wall charger after opening the box. Initial charge stated 19 hours, second charge stated 14 hours, third charge stated 10 hours. Most recent charge stated 9 hours of battery.. Noise cancelling turned to 0. Defective battery? Please advise..

Thank you

Jackson

Sam_F

Re: Bose NC 700 Battery issue

Hi @JD42,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear of the issue you seem to be experiencing with the battery life on your NC 700 headphones - that certainly is not normal and I'll be more than happy to assist in finding a resolution for you.

The product specifications state that a full charge should power the headphones for up to 20 hours - which is what you were getting at first. As the battery life seems to not reach those numbers when being charged now, there may be an internal issue with the battery but we cannot be sure just yet.

What I'd advise trying firstly is a reset of the headphones, which you'll find how to do by following the steps HERE.

Also, it may be worth visiting the Bose Updater page, to check product firmware is up-to-date.

Give those steps a try and let me know if the situation improves for you!

Warm regards,

Sam F

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
jnbanez@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2020

I have the same battery issue and followed the instructions,  but led to no avail.  I am not engaging in an easter egg hunt to rectify the issue.  Please advise on the fix or how to return/reimburse the item plus shipping.  Thank you.

Tegan_M

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out, I am very sorry to hear that you'e having this experience. 

Do reach out to your local Bose product support team for further assistance.  You can reach out to your local support team via clicking this link and selecting your region, this will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. 

Thank you.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
dvenkat
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2020

I bought the Bose 700 Headphones a week back and I am  happy about the sound quality but what bothers me is the charging. It never charges full 20 hours and always stops at 15 hours.
. Is this normal? Since Bose claims 20 hours, I was wondering if this is normal or that I should return to the store?

Jessie_O

Hi Dvenkat, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your NC700 headphones. I would recommend looking through the thread HERE as this is a similar issue and provides some great troubleshooting steps.

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
vineethpbharadwaj
Advisor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Hello @Jessie_O 

Can you please let us know when the issue will be fixed?

It's been more than a month and we are still waiting for the fix which is really frustrating.

Jessie_O

I can understand your frustration @vineethpbharadwaj. 

Once we have more information, we will be sure to let the community know. Keep an eye on the announcements board and the thread linked above. 

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out again! 

Tegan_M

Re: Bose NC 700 Battery life issue even after Update to 1.5.1

Hi Yervand,

Welcome to the community. Sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the voice prompts of your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700.

Do you mind elaborating on what you're experiencing with the battery announcements so that we can provide you with the most accurate information?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!