jtwg
Participant
Registered since

Aug 24, 2020

Bose NC 700 - Can't connect to Bose Music app

I'm having a frustrating problem with my new headphones. I inadvertently cleared the Bluetooth device list when trying to power them off, and now I cannot reconnect the headphones to the Bose Music app on either of the iOS devices they were connected to.

Pretty frustrating that such an expensive device has such poor UX around what seems like a really fundamental aspect of usability for headphones.

I've looked at some other threads, but the suggestions I read didn't work (e.g. resetting the headphones by plugging in the power cable while pressing the Bluetooth button - which doesn't seem to reset them at all since they have the same name when they appear in the Bose Music app). 

I see the headphones displayed in the Bose Music app, but the connection fails with a helpful "Oops!" error message.

Does anyone have a good suggestion for how to get these working again, or should I just return them to Amazon?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Charlotte_G

Re: Bose NC 700 - Can't connect to Bose Music app

Author Accepted Answer selected by jtwg

Hey @jtwg, welcome to the Bose Community!

Sorry that you're having trouble connecting your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 to the Bose Music app.

As you've accidentally cleared the Bluetooth pairing list, you'll need to also delete the headphones from the Bluetooth list on the connected devices. Ensure that you also delete the 'LE-' variant from the list. Delete them from the Bose Music app and proceed to add them again. 

Just so you know, the reset that you mentioned is not to restore the factory defaults, it's a power cycle reset.

Let me know if the issue persists after this.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Charlotte_G

Author Accepted Answer selected by jtwg

Hey @jtwg, welcome to the Bose Community!

Sorry that you're having trouble connecting your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 to the Bose Music app.

As you've accidentally cleared the Bluetooth pairing list, you'll need to also delete the headphones from the Bluetooth list on the connected devices. Ensure that you also delete the 'LE-' variant from the list. Delete them from the Bose Music app and proceed to add them again. 

Just so you know, the reset that you mentioned is not to restore the factory defaults, it's a power cycle reset.

Let me know if the issue persists after this.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

jtwg
Participant
Registered since

Aug 24, 2020

Thanks for the help, that worked. I'm surprised that this isn't documented better in the app itself. I'm sure this has to be a huge source of frustration for you - I see a lot of people with a similar issue it seems.

Jamal.Alamer
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2020

Hello, I am facing the same problem. Tried what you wrote down with no luck. Every time the phone connects to both the headset and the LE version. Can you kindly explain how to delete LE variant from bose device?

I added them both and the massage I getting is ''Go to your phone's Bluetooth settings. Tap the information icon and select ''Forget This Device'' for both connections. There can be up to two references for your headphones, so make sure to forget them''.

I did that with no luck.

It would be great to share a video link on how to do that

Erik Smith
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2021

How embarrassing for Bose. STILL an issue. Nothing worked that I've read thus far. I'm in the forever "Uh-oh" loop. 🤦‍♂️ It would be funny if they weren't so expensive.

Vicky_W

@Erik Smith, I am sorry to hear that you are having issues pairing your headphones with the Bose Music app. Am I correct in assuming these are the NC 700? If so, could I please confirm the exact steps you have tried so that I do not duplicate anything? Specifically, have you tried updating the headphones at http://btu.bose.com at all? I am sure this will help!

Erik Smith
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2021

BTU.Bose.com redirects me to https://www.bose.com/en_us/support.html, not the page shown in the support video. What am I missing here?

Jessie_O

Thanks for coming back to me Erik Smith. 

This is very strange. Do you get any error messages when you try to connect to the application? What troubleshooting steps have you tried already? This way I can advise the next steps for you! 

I look forward to hearing from you!

RYE53
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 18, 2021

Re: Bose NC 700 - Can't connect to Bose Music App on iPhone

Received a brand new Bose NC700 Headphones as a gift. Out of the box, i tried to connect the headphones via the Bose Music app on the iPhone. Went into a loop of "can't connect, try again later" for several hours. Almost gave up.

Then, I thought of updating the headphone's firmware and found this: http://btu.bose.com Make sure to use the provided USB-C cable that came with the headphones.

Lo and behold, the headphone connected automatically to the Bose Music app with no hassle...hope this helps. Enjoy all the features on the app.

Ikanan
Participant
Registered since

Jun 20, 2021

Hey I can’t connect my 700 with the app I have deleted them from my phone and also the app and it’s really annoying.