ajkessel
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 5, 2020

Bose NC 700 - Can't connect to iOS app or reset device BT pairing list

At some point in the last few weeks, my iOS Bose Music app stopped seeing/controlling my Bose NC 700 headphones. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and also deleting all devices from the app, to no avail. It seems the app is aware of the headphones, since they show up when I tap to add a device ("Get Connected") but after tapping on my device, the cursor just spins for a minute and then I get the error "Connection failed / please try again."

I've also tried to reset the headphones in various ways without success. I understand you're supposed to be able to clear the pairing list by pressing and holding the power/BT button for 10 seconds. When I do this, I don't hear any voice prompts, just a sound that ping-pongs back and forth between the left and right ears. This does not appear to actually clear the pairing list from the headphones. I've also tried turning off the headphones, and then pressing and holding the power while plugging in an power-connected USB-C cable, again to no avail. No matter how long I hold the power/BT button or fidget with different combinations of power cords, I can't get anything to reset on the headphones or any voice prompts to tell me what is going on.

Aside from all this, I can play music from my iOS device to the headphones fine, I just can't use the app to change any settings on my headphones.

Any tips?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Bose NC 700 - Can't connect to iOS app or reset device BT pairing list

Hi ajkessel, 

Thanks for reaching out. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this experience. We appreciate you taking the time to perform some troubleshooting, these were good first steps to take.

What I would firstly recommend is that you check for any available firmware updates for your headphones. This can be done via a computer using a USB and visiting our firmware update website btu.bose.com, which will provide you with full instructions. Following this I would also ensure your mobile is up to date with the latest software and to also reboot this. 

Can you also try to connect your headphones to the Bose Music app on another device?

Do let us know how you get on. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.