Highlighted
nunosanches
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Bose NC 700 - Constantly disconnecting and connecting Bluetooth device

Apart from the issues already mentioned in other threads, today I got a new issue with the NC 700 - I have my iPad and my iPhone connected through bluetooth to the Bose 700. I was on a conf call using Zoom on my iPad and my headphones kept saying iPhone XS disconnected / iPhone XS connect. In order to continue with the call I had to disconnect Bluetooth from the iPhone to stop the annoying constant voice prompts saying the iPhone was disconnected / connected to the headphones.

Do I have some faulty headphones? This seems extremely weird.

Thank you

36 REPLIES 36
zpr
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 8, 2019

Re: Bose NC 700 - Constantly disconnecting and connecting Bluetooth device

I am having the same issue, connected my 700s to my MBP and Pixel 2, sometimes it works, other times it goes into a connect/disconnect fury which only stops when I turn it off and back on and try again. There was also a loud static noise in the left earphone a few times while it was trying to connect. (Separately, I was also using Zoom, once it connected, and there was a lot of static noise while people were talking). Hoping they are faulty units?

Karmap
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 8, 2019

Same issue. 

Also my music just stops randomly. 

Hello everyone,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your Noise-Cancelling Headphones 700. I would be more than happy to help you with this today, I would recommend that you try a product reset and reset the devices you are using with the headphones. It would also be good to clear the paired lists of the devices and headphones, if you are still experiencing issues after this then I would try pushing a manual update even if your headphones are up to date.

To reboot your headset:

1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  4. Release the Power/Bluetooth button when the Bluetooth light blinks blue

To install a Bose system update, follow these steps (Note: A USB-A to USB-micro B cable (included) is required for this update):

1. Be sure the computer has internet connectivity, and that you're running a compatible operating system and web browser.
  2. Navigate to the Bose Bluetooth Device Updater page at btu.bose.com and select your product
  3. Click "Accept and Continue" to accept the terms of the Bose Updater
  4. Click "Download" to download the updater
  5. Once downloaded, open the file to install the updater, then connect the headphones to your computer via USB
  6. If an update is available, click "Apply Changes" to download the latest software. You can also click "Learn More" to find out about what improvements the update contains
  7. Once the system has been successfully updated, disconnect the headphones from the computer

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support

nunosanches
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

I tried timeless times to do the reset process and can't do it on my headphones. It just doesn't work. I've tried with several cables, plugging directly to powerwall, to the computer USB, etc.. nothing works!!

Aren't you guys recognizing that there's a bigger problem here? Is this something that is just a software problem to be solved in a (soon to come) software update or should this be a hardware problem?

We deserve a clear answer from Bose, regardless of what that answer is.

Thank you for your help!

Nuno

Hi Nunosanches, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on your issue. 

As you are unable to perform the reset and the issue still continues I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

I am sorry that we weren't able to resolve this for you via the community. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

jjm004
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

I have the same issue.  Ill be listening to music and suddenly it stops playing the music.  The music doesnt pause or anything on the phone...just no sound from the headphones.  After pausing the music and hitting play the music will be heard again through the headphones.  This happens intemittently throughout the day.  

jslowik
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

I have a very similar issue on the XS. Music has never disconnected and I'll play it for hours at a time at my desk, but occasionally voice will drop both in the phone app and google hangouts. I get no notification though, just a few seconds of dead air. Today actually I had an issue where I could hear the other end, but they could not hear me. Phone is never more than 2-3 feet away in these instances.

Would be very interested to hear if the reboot works for you.

Hi all,

Thank you for posting in the Bose Community. 

As previously mentioned, if the troubleshooting steps advised above were unsuccessful and you are still facing some issues with your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700, it is strongly recommended that you contact our Customer Service team who will be more than happy to assist you. 

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Thank you for understanding. 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

ByeBose
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 27, 2019

Having the same problem. Flew on a long flight and had the Bluetooth disconnect multiple times during the course of that flight. I thought it was an anomaly so unpaired and re-paired, installed the new version of the app, did firmware update. It disconnected again yesterday morning when I tried listening to music at work. Even with the updated app it’s maybe a 50% hit rate on whether the app recognizes the headphones. Extremely disappointed in Bose. I’m returning the NC700s today to try the Sony WH1000XM3 which is sad for me to say because the last three headphones I’ve had were Bose.