jemo97
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

Re: Bose NC 700 - Constantly disconnecting and connecting Bluetooth device

Hi Zoe_C,

I proceeded following your instructions and also tested on another computer (PC). While the Bluetooth connection seems to be okay with the PC, however I still have the same disconnecting issues with the Macbook Pro. It connects for 5 sec and then disconnects. The only way the connection will remain stable is if I reboot/reset/repair everything and then don't stop using the headset, but if I decide to take a break and turn the headset off/on, it will connect for 5 sec and disconnect for ever. Any other good fix?

Hello jemo97,

Thanks for getting back to me, that is very strange indeed. It's good to hear that the headphones are working on other devices and we have isolated the issue down to the MacBook only. Is this the first time you are trying to connect Bluetooth headphones to your MacBook? Are there many other Bluetooth devices connected to your MacBook? Is there any particular environment that you encounter issues e.g. traveling? Is this occurring with any apps in particular?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

jemo97
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

Hi Zoe_C,

The Macbook Pro is connected to Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I also have my stereo Hi-Fi system connected via Bluetooth. I noticed that the disconnection issue may occur if I play music from my stereo bluetooth, and then switch on the Bose 700 NC. It's like the Bose 700 NC connection would be kicked off if the sound from my computer was connected to another bluetooth speaker. I have to disconnect the bluetooth speaker, and then connect the Bose 700 NC. I also tested with another brand of NC headset and it works flawlessly. It could be due to the way the Bluetooth on Bose 700 NC is coded?

BobbyC
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

I have the same issue intermittently when I'm connected to my Windows 10 computer and my iPhone XS. I'll be on a call on my Windows 10 computer, and the voice prompts will repeatedly tell me that the iPhone is disconnecting and reconnecting. I done all the normal troubleshooting steps and have the latest firmware/app/iOS versions.

I would love to see the voice prompts not entirely mute the audio but just reduce the volume so that I could still hear the conversation going on.

mjzglr
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 9, 2019

It seems like it is most related to MacBooks than anything else. I replaced my headphones. The new ones I got seem to stay connected better, have softer pads, and sound better. I bought from Amazon. Is it possible that bad stock exists?

Ironic though, you might think the same people who blow $400 on headphones would overlap with people who buy macbooks? IDK? Seems like a case worth testing well.

@BobbyC wrote:

I have the same issue intermittently when I'm connected to my Windows 10 computer and my iPhone XS. I'll be on a call on my Windows 10 computer, and the voice prompts will repeatedly tell me that the iPhone is disconnecting and reconnecting. I done all the normal troubleshooting steps and have the latest firmware/app/iOS versions.

I would love to see the voice prompts not entirely mute the audio but just reduce the volume so that I could still hear the conversation going on.

TimHughSmith
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

Sorry to hijack a little.

I highly doubt the Bose provided "Troubleshooting" steps are likely to resolve anything (it's basically turn it off and back on)

Perhaps that is the reason there are no likes on any of those responses, and certainly no "Thanks that fixed it" responses.

Clearly there is a firmware / software problem in the software.

I don't even know where to start with the number of issues I've had since purchasing a few days ago.

It's been horribly flakey.

Just really want these to work properly and reliably.

I've just tried "Tech Support" - that's someone going through a similar checklist and offering a replacement.

I'm really doubtful this is a hardware issue.

I've had..

- Trouble activating

- Trouble updating via Mac (doesn't launch)

- Trouble pairing (randomly eventually works)

- Randomly switching devices

- Weird fuzzy low fi kind of sound from one device while connected to two devices

- Seemed to have been put on hold and weird digital music played (I'm fairly sure this was not the call I was on, I reverted to speaker on phone and it was fine - I'm fairly sure I'm not crazy)

- Connecting / disconnecting randomly

- One way audio

- Constant notification that call has ended.. though call was in progress and audio continued

- Connected to iPhone, showing playing, but not playing anything (same with Mac)

I've got mine logged and I'm fairly sure they will just replace them, but I'm pretty sure a new set of phones is going to have some or all of the same issues.

I'm eagerly awaiting new firmware and software apps!

I'm sure there are some known issues in Bose, but no one wants to share that information?

Lucky these are only cheapo headphones 🙂

Cheers,

Tim

TaiPanCy
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

- Trouble updating via Mac (doesn't launch)

It works through Google Chrome & Bose Updater. 

First time you must open both app. Then open site https://btu.bose.com.

If Chrome doesn't open then follow instruction:

Open terminal

Enter:

sudo su
cd /Users/<user>/Library/Application Support
chown -R <user>:staff Google

BobbyC
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

It's happening every time I do a call on my Windows 10 computer that uses the Hands-Free (not Stereo). The phone will disconnect and reconnect regularly, which with voice prompts on means I can't hear 5 seconds of the call. Today, the NC700s disconnected from the computer itself as well.

goofey.two
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

I will join the long list of other users with similar issues.

I have an HP Elitebook with factory bluetooth 4.2 and an Iphone 8 Plus with bluetooth 5.0

While i am using the soft phone on the PC it constantly disconnects from the Iphone causing issues to the point you need to disconnect the headset to be able to participate in the conversation.

I just updated the HP Elitebook to an INTEL AX200 wireless card and get the both on bluetooth 5.0.

It would be interesting if this fixes the issue.  If not get ready to see what actual solutions Bose can provide to this very troublesome issue. 

Highlighted
goofey.two
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

Ok. so bluetooth 4.2/5.0 mix is not the issue.  Still drops with the new Intel AX200 card installed.

Definately something fishing going on with Apple products and Bose.